One of our lab’s Ph.D. students, Kathryn Schertz, presented a talk based on her recent study, “A thought in the park: The influence of naturalness and low-level visual features on expressed thoughts,” at the University of Chicago’s Center for Practical Wisdom Research Forum in August 2017. Click here for the Center for Practical Wisdom’s upload along with the presentation abstract. Click here for the YouTube video of Kate’s talk.
- Marc Berman awarded APS Janet Taylor Spence Award for Transformative Early Career Contributions
- Professor Berman was interviewed by The Guardian
- Professor Berman and Ph.D. student Kate Schertz win first place and grand prize in UChicago’s App Challenge with their app, ReTUNE, which will create more restorative pedestrian experiences
- Podcast: How trees make people happier and healthier
- Professors Talen and Berman connect urban planning and environmental neuropsychology while discussing current issues of city life