Beating procrastination starts with YOU! Use this guide to set up goals for your semester. Committing to these goals means you are committing to a more successful future, a relaxing break, and a more exciting life!
Formula for creating SMART goals:
- Specific: Be clear about what you want to happen.
- Measurable: Track your goal by identifying tasks that need to be completed.
- Achievable: Be realistic.
- Relevant: Align the goal to your ambition.
- Time-based: Set a time-frame for your goal.
Step 1: Use the SMART guidelines to create goals for yourself at the start of each semester
Step 2: Return to those original goals in the middle of the quarter to track your progress. Answer these questions to guide you:
- Have you accomplished any of your goals?
- Do you need to adjust any of your goals to accommodate a change?
- Are your goals still realistic and relevant given there is half a semester left?
Step 3: Take a look at both your original goals and your adjustments from the middle of the quarter. How has the quarter been? Have you accomplished the goals you set for yourself? Fill out this chart to keep track of your quarter.
Classes & grades:
Activities & honors:
|Extra space for other achievements or skills learned this semester:|
|Lessons learned this semester & what you want to change for next semester:|
YOU DID IT!! Congratulations on completing another semester. You should be proud of your accomplishments. Be sure to keep this sheet to fill out at the end of every semester and refer to it when filling out resumes, answering interview questions, or simply reflecting on your semester.