Foundational Leadership Program
The Biological Sciences Division (BSD) Foundational Leadership program focuses on building essential leadership skills, which includes giving effective feedback, identifying the needs and expectations of stakeholders, enhancing stakeholder engagement, developing emotional intelligence and managing during change. The program sets a foundation for excellence in research, teaching and patient care. Each session is facilitated by a faculty leader and an executive staff member in the BSD. Participants must commit to 2 full days of training. This program is sponsored by the BSD Office of Human Resources, Office of Diversity and Inclusion, and Office of Faculty Affairs.
SEE FORM BELOW TO REGISTER
- Practice skills for giving effective feedback to team members to redirect, reinforce, and inspire behavior toward organizational, team, and personal goals.
- Articulate needs and expectations of the stakeholders you serve, and identify where your team or unit is in relation to the High Performance Programming Model.
- Utilize the elements of Opportunity and Transparency to enhance engagement.
- Create your compelling message by articulating what is needed to transform your team or unit to meet the demands of growth and change.
Who is invited to participate?
- Faculty leaders: All BSD faculty are invited to participate including leaders of research, clinical and educational programs (e.g. chairs, section chiefs, residency, fellowship and graduate program leaders, emerging leaders and those who lead a research laboratory
- Clinical leaders: Research program, Center, and Institute leaders.
- BSD staff in supervisory roles: These include, Executive Administrators, Section Administrators, HR or Academic affairs professionals, Directors, Finance managers, Graduate program administrators, those who manage clinical or laboratory operations, IT managers, and emerging staff leaders.
Experience to date:
Over 130 faculty and BSD executive staff have participated since the program began in Spring 2015.
Free to participants
Foundational Leadership will be offered again in Fall & Winter 2018-2019. If you are interested in participating, please fill out an interest form below.
Foundational Leadership Program Interest Form (2018-2019)