The Alumni Awards Committee reviews the BSD faculty at or new retirement transitioning to emeritus status.
Candidates who qualify for the Gold Key Award and determines up to three recipients each year.
Previous Award Winners
- Diane Altkorn, MD, Professor of Medicine
- Ira Hanan, MD, Professor of Medicine
- Stephen Pruett-Jones, PhD, Associate Professor of Ecology & Evolution
- Halina Brukner, MD, Medicine, Section of General Internal Medicine
- Michelle Le Beau, PhD, Medicine, Section of Hematology and Oncology
- Heber MacMahon, MBBCh, Radiology
2011 - 2020
- Thomas Cutter, MD
Clinical Professor, Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care
- Edward Garrity, Jr, MD
Clinical Professor, Department of Medicine (Pulmonary and Critical Care)
- Raphael Lee, MD, DSc
Paul and Allene Russell Distinguished Service Professor, Departments of Surgery and Medicine
Click here to view past recipients of the Gold Key Award.
BSD faculty members are at or near retirement or are transitioning to emeritus status
Nominations should address the following:
- Why does the nominee meet the qualifications for the Gold Key Award and represent the values and priorities of the University of Chicago?
- What is the significance of the nominee’s body of work?
- How has the candidate’s teaching or mentoring contributed to the lives of students and impacted the next generation of physicians and scientists? (may not be applicable in all cases)