We are delighted to announce the inaugural BSD “Excellence in Staff” awardees. These recipients were selected from amongst many by the BSD Nomination Committee who carefully reviewed each of the nominations and selected the individuals to be honored. We are grateful to the members of the Committee who participated in the selection process.
The BSD launched the Staff Recognition Program to reward staff whose talents and accomplishments contribute towards advancing our core missions. There were five categories to acknowledge the full range of staff contributions:
- Leadership: To recognize contributions of positive role models and influencers who execute successful outcomes creating an environment that is resourceful and responsive to the needs and goals of the BSD.
- Research: To recognize contributions that are integral to research in support of expanding scientific boundaries or discovery.
- E3L Engage: To recognize contributions that exemplify the core principles of E3 Leadership: Engage, Evolve and Excel generating novel ideas to develop new or improved processes, methods, systems, programs, or services creating best practices.
- Community: To recognize contributions where the local communities benefit from innovative ideas, programming, services, or initiatives that are transformative and make a difference through civic engagement.
- Collaboration: To recognize contributions to team performance by providing encouragement and support, helping others successfully accomplish goals.
Please join us in congratulating each of the award winners.
Walter Parrish, Director of Multicultural Affairs, Pritzker School of Medicine
Walter has galvanized multicultural programming within one of the most highly diverse private medical schools in the United States. He is a force for collaboration and innovation encouraging thoughtful exploration of complex issues contributing to an inclusive learning environment.
Adam Starkey, IT Programmer, Department of Radiology
In collaboration with faculty, clinical researchers, and students, Adam has developed applications and systems to improve the quality and efficiency of electronic infrastructure. His forward thinking approach leads teams to seek his expertise in their research.
Angela “Angie” Charles, Director of Finance and Administration, Office of Shared Research Facilities (OSRF) and Animal Resources Center (ARC).
Angie’s commitment to the core principles of E3 leadership have impacted the administrative units of the OSRF and ARC. She has led efforts to streamline reporting helping to make sound financial decisions.
Jason Molony, Research Program Manager, Geriatrics and Palliative Medicine, Department of Medicine
As Project Manager of the SHARE Network (Supporting Healthy Aging Resources & Education), Jason identified an opioid epidemic impacting the older adult population. He resolved to help by building a coalition and spearheading a training plan, successfully impacting the community.
Gary Audirsch, Director BSD Application and Business Intelligence Services, BSDIS
Dave Bolanowski, Director Architectural Services, BSDIS
Jason Boze, Systems Administrator, BSDIS
Kalee Hildreth, Director of Digital Strategy, UChicago Medicine
Rita Matthews-Niles, Executive Administrative Assistant and Office Manager, Finance and Administration
Stephan Noe, Manager Technical Services, BSDIS
Christina Paige, IT User Support Specialist, BSDIS
Caitlin Pike, Communications Manager, Center for Research Informatics
Rebecca Silverman, Manager of Communications and Student Services, Pritzker School of Medicine
The BSD Website Redesign and Migration Project included the divisional site, Pritzker School of Medicine and thirteen academic departmental sites. As a multi-departmental team, these staff members collaborated with unit leadership to build a sustainable and extensible website platform.