This award recognizes an individual or team contributions to group performance by providing encouragement and support to help others successfully accomplish goals. While we define these qualities broadly to include working with others, creating partnerships, and integrating efforts across our community, we are particularly interested in endeavors that place our organizational goals above individual goals. We are seeking to acknowledge the accomplishments that unite the BSD to fulfill our missions of medical education, research, and patient care. (e.g., outstanding collaboration to move forward a research, academic, or education initiative or project; create partnerships across department/unit or BSD; successful development of a multi-departmental program to bring individuals together to further the BSD’s tripartite mission.)
- Individual nominees must be current staff members* in the Biological Sciences Division (BSD) of the University of Chicago.
- The achievements for which the individual is being nominated must have occurred while at the University of Chicago and in the relevant time period.
- Current members of the Award Nomination Committee are ineligible.
- Team nominees must consist of at least 50% full or part-time staff members* in the Biological Sciences Division (BSD) at the time of the nomination and voting. The remaining 50% of the team can be any individuals affiliated with the nominated group.
- Outstanding collaboration with members of other higher education institutions to move forward a research, academic, or education initiative or project;
- Outstanding efforts to increase teamwork within the BSD;
- Selfless commitment to advancing team achievements while placing individual achievements secondary; and/or
- Successful development of a multi-departmental program to bring individuals together to further the BSD’s tripartite mission.
Nomination Submission Requirements:
- A short summary (250-500 words) or video (3-5 minutes) stating the basis for the nomination.
- For team nominations: Summary must include the list of the individual(s) who are being nominated. Please note which individuals are not part of the BSD and their affiliation.*
* A staff member is defined as someone who receives a W-2 from the university at the end of the year.