This award recognizes an individual for their ability to be a positive role model and influencer who executes successful outcomes. Through the individual’s efforts, leadership can be demonstrated by their ability to inspire, challenge, and develop others while creating an environment that is resourceful and responsive to the needs and goals of the BSD and the University of Chicago. (e.g., exhibits PRIDE values [Participation, Respect, Integrity, Diversity, Excellence]; promotes a respectful, collegial, and supportive environment; Inspired and encouraged personal development in others.)
- Individual nominees must be current staff members* in the Biological Sciences Division (BSD) of the University of Chicago.
- The achievements for which the individual is being nominated must have occurred while at the University of Chicago and in the relevant time period.
- Current members of the Award Nomination Committee are ineligible.
- Leads an effective team to achieve results
- Motivates the people around them to accomplish more than they would have normally.
- Serves as a great role model.
- Fosters pride for the University of Chicago.
- Inspires others to work collaboratively and creatively within and among departments.
- Creates a compelling vision for the future and helps others understand their role in achieving the vision.
- Demonstrates initiative and inspires a high level of commitment from others.
- Takes prompt, decisive action to resolve issues quickly, inclusively, and effectively.
- Adapts readily to new situations.
- Aligns actions and decisions with the University of Chicago’s strategic goals, mission, and direction.
- Demonstrates strong initiative in their endeavors.
- Clear impact as a result of their actions.
- Actively involved in mentorship and development of others.
- Promotes a work environment that is respectful, collegial, and supportive.
- Exhibits a high standard of integrity by leading through example.
- Communicates in a manner that is fair, straightforward, honest, and open.
Nomination Submission Requirements:
- A short summary (250-500 words) or video (3-5 minutes) stating the basis for the nomination.
* A staff member is defined as someone who receives a W-2 from the university at the end of the year.