February 23 2016

Today, February 23 is Georg Friedrich Handel’s birthday. May there  be more beautiful music, more great musicians and composers like him.

Very early this morning I woke again to moonlight streaming through the venetian blinds, and walked over to the window to look up at the full moon, before going back to sleep again.

Today I seem to be recovered from the diarrhea that took me out of commission much of yesterday, so I expect to be busy getting caught up and running some errands and dealing with other activities.  Hopefully also have time for some reading and feel up to some thinking. We will see.

A few days ago, my therapist like blessed me, with his hand on the top of my head, in support of my hopes of getting back to thinking more about physics.  And the rest of science. Again, wish me luck!

This afternoon we will be going over to Rockefeller Chapel to attend the weekly organ concert.  I’m hoping that there will be some of Handel’s music played.

Later this evening there will be a book club meeting. Up for discussion will be Jimmy Carter’s new book, which I have not read yet. I’m a fan of Jimmy Carter, he seems to me to be really one of the greater men that our society has produced in recent times. I found it quite frustrating that his efforts during his presidency were so often stymied by politics.  I’m looking forward to the conversation this evening.

“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, and therefore is wing’d Cupid painted blind.”  – Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night’s Dream

Published by

Caroline Herzenberg

I'm an old grad from the University of Chicago. Born in New Jersey in 1932 (Wow! That long ago!), grew up in Oklahoma, undergraduate at MIT, University of Chicago PhD physics 1958. Various academic and research positions. I've been retired from Argonne National Laboratory for over a decade now. I haven't been engaged in any recent professional work in physics, but have been exploring other interests during retirement.