Welcome to the University of Chicago Office 365 collaboration suite.
The goal of Office 365 is to provide a collaborative environment to connect with people from across the University community and share meaningful information.
Office 365 is open to all current University of Chicago faculty, staff, and students. We encourage you to use Office 365 to help with your work, develop working relationships, connect with like-minded colleagues, and reach out for help when you need it. We ask that you remain respectful and follow some simple guidelines.
- Accountability: Take responsibility for your postings, clearly differentiating opinions from fact. By posting content, you agree that you are solely responsible for the content you create. Neither the content you post, nor the links to other web sites, are screened, approved, reviewed or endorsed by the University of Chicago.
- Accuracy and Transparency: The text and other material posted are the opinion of the specific author and are not statements of advice or information of the University of Chicago. Use your real name and a real photograph of yourself in your profile so it easier to know who you are.
- Common Courtesy: Don’t do anything that will reflect negatively on you or your colleagues.
- Policy: You agree to abide by the University of Chicago policy for the acceptable use of information technology.
- Types of Data: Know what types of data should not be placed in the Office 365 collaboration suite. Consult the Data Guide.
- Be Aware of Where You Post: Not all groups are private. Know when to have conversation with a few individuals or with all of campus. Examples:
Using Appropriate Language and Tone
- Be tolerant of others’ opinions, avoid antagonizing anyone, and take the high road when provoked.
- Don’t overreact to the appearance of negative content but do address it. Keep in mind that removing a negative post may put an idea out of sight but discussing and deconstructing it has the power to change minds.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org