Projects (Internal/non-NIH Funding):
- Proliferation and Nano-particle sensitizing agents. Chin-Tu Chen, Ph.D., PI. (18F-FLT)
- Total bone marrow irradiation in addition to fludarabine/melphalan conditioning. Hongtau Liu, M.D., PI. (18F-FLT, human use under a UC held IND).
- Image-Guided Precision Radiotherapy of Hypoxic Tumors. Howard Halpern, M.D. & Chin-Tu Chen, Ph.D., co-PIs. (18F-Miso)
- Pin 1 Marker for Pancreatic Cancer (with UIC).
- Development of 18F – NaBF4 (with UIC).
- Multiple Sclerosis Imaging Marker. Pedro Brugarolas, Ph.D., PI. (18F-3F4AP)
- Development of 11C-PIB for clinical research use, Richard Freifelder, Ph.D., PI (11C-PIB)
- Investigation of 48V labeled VO(acac)2 for Cancer Imaging, Chin-Tu Chen, Ph.D., PI (48VO(acac)2).
- Nose to Brain Delivery of Insulin Growth Factor 1, Richard Kraig, Ph.D., PI.
- Development of a novel glucocorticoid radiotracer as a predictive and pharmacodynamic biomarker for glucocorticoid receptor expressing (GR-positive) malignancies, Russell Szmulewitz, M.D PI.
- Development of FEPPA, a translator protein radiotracer for glial activation, neuroinflammation, traumatic brain injury. Joint University of Chicago, Northwestern University project, Richard Freifelder, Ph.D. (UC) and Steven Schwulst, M.D. (NW), PIs.
- Direct labeling of compounds using11C-CO2, Mark Levin, Ph.D., PI.
- Univ. Chicago Comprehensive Cancer Center UCHAP Team Science Research Award (Chen/Stadler). Novel RadioTheranostics for High-Risk and Advanced Prostate Cancer. 04/16/2021 – 04/15/2023.
- Department of Radiology Pilot Grant Seed Funds. Novel Lipophilic-Cationic Molecular Probes for Enhanced Imaging of Mitochondria, Mohammed Bhuiyan, Ph.D., PI. 10/01/2022 – 09/30/2023.
Grants (External Funding):
- R01/S1 NS093908 (Carroll/Christoforidis). Development of Novel MR Imaging for Ischemia Stroke Evaluation.
- R01 DA044760 (Green/Chen/Mukherjee). PET Imaging of α4β2 Nicotinic Receptor Upregulation and Smoking Cessation. 07/01/2017 – 04/30/2022.
- R01 DA044760-02S1 (Green/Chen/Mukherjee). Supplemental grant for adding an Alzheimer’s imaging agent to the R01 grant above.
- DP2 GM128199 (Moellering). Targeting Transcription with Synthetic Biologicals. 09/30/2017 – 05/31/2022.
- R01 CA098575 (Halpern). Radiation Biology of EPR Oxygen Images. 06/01/2003 – 03/31/2023.
- R01 CA236385-2S1 (Chen/Halpern/Karczmar). Improved Radiation Therapy of Hypoxic Tumor Regions by Integrated PET, EPR, & MR Imaging. 04/15/2021 – 12/31/2024.
- R01 GM130662 (Schwulst, Northwestern University). The Role of Monocyte and Microglia Interaction in the Evolution of Traumatic Brain Injury-Induced Neurodegeneration. 09/01/2019- 07/31/2024.
- R01 CA236385 (Chen/Halpern). Improved Radiation Therapy of Hypoxic Tumor Regions by Integrating PET, EPR, and MR Imaging. 01/01/2020 – 12/31/2024
- R01 EB29948 (Kao/Epel). A preclinical Integrated PET/EPR Imaging System. 06/01/2020 – 05/3/20.
- P30 CA14599 (LeBeau). UCCRC Cancer Center Support Grant: Program-Specific Pilot Grant – NanoTheranostics for Non-Invasive Treatment and Monitoring of Metastatic Colorectal Cancer. 06/01/2020 – 03/31/2022.
- University of Chicago Office of Research and National Laboratories, UChicago (Chen/Rotsch). Novel Scandium-Based RadioTheranostics for Improved Diagnosis and Treatment of Prostate Cancer.
- Young Investigator Award, Cancer Research Foundation (Levin). Next Generation PET Tracer Synthesis for Cancer Imaging. 09/01/2020 – 08/31/2021
- R21 NS116638 (Schwulst, Northwestern University). Blast-Induced TBI in the Ferret: Small Brains, Big Opportunities. 9/1/2020 – 8/31/2022.
- Joint Task Force Initiative, Office of Research and National Laboratories, UChicago (Chen/Rotsch). Argonne/UChicago Joint Radioisotope Initiatives. 10/01/2020 – 09/30/2021.
F31 CA254223 (Gertsernshteyn). Correcting 18F-Misonidasole PET with MRI and EPR to Improve Hypoxia-Guided Radiation Therapy. 04/01/2021 – 03/31/2024.