Apse Mosaic in the San Vitale Basillica, Ravenna, Italy. Mid 6th Century
All meetings are on Monday, 4:30-6:00pm in the Martin Marty Center Library, unless otherwise noted.
- October 2 – Elon Harvey (Chicago) – “Origen’s Homily XI on Ezekiel 17: A Riddle Wrapped in an Enigma.” – Please Note: this presentation will be held in the Martin Marty Seminar Room.
- October 16 – James Covington (Chicago) – “Did the Animals Deserve It? Interpretations of the Flood in Hebrew and Greek.”
- November 6– Prof. Michael Cover (Marquette University) – “Paul’s Commentary in Letters: The Exegesis of Exodus between Alexandria and Corinth.”
- November 14 – Cameron Ferguson (Chicago)–“The Relationship of Mark to Paul: Past, Present, and Future.”
- November 27– Prof. Margaret M. Mitchell (Chicago) – “Rhetoric, Scriptural Interpretation, and Economic Reality in John Chrysostom’s Appeals for Almsgiving.”