All workshop meetings will meet in Swift 403 during the Spring 2023 quarter.
- March 27th (4:30pm) – Emily Barnum (University of Chicago), “Origen’s Contra Celsum: How to Read with the True Word.”
- February 2nd (5pm) – Accordance Training Seminar, co-sponsored with the Hebrew Bible and Early Jewish Reception Workshop
- February 13th (4:30pm) – Jodi Magness (University of North Carolina), “More than just Mosaics: The Huqoq Synagogue.” Co-Sponsored with the Hebrew Bible and Early Jewish Reception Workshop.
- March 6th (4:30) – Bradley Hansen (University of Chicago), text seminar on book 1 of the Adamantius Dialogue.
- October 10th (4:30pm) – Bradley Hansen (University of Chicago), “Praying with Others: Addressing Readers and Their Problems in De oratione.”
- October 24rd (4:30pm) – Dr. Douglas Hoffer, “Sperma, Not Spermata: Galatians 3:16 and the Agonistic Paradigm of Interpretation.
- November 28th (4:30pm) – Lydia Herndon (University of Chicago) , “Celsus’ Christians, Origen’s Celsus: Prosopopoeia in Contra Celsum 7.36-41.”
- December 5th (4:30pm) – Discussion with Prof. Karin Krause (University of Chicago) on chapter 3 of her new book, Divine Inspiration in Byzantium: Notions of Authenticity in Art and Theology (Cambridge University Press, 2022).