Apse Mosaic in the San Vitale Basillica, Ravenna, Italy. Mid 6th Century
All meetings are on Monday, 4:30-6:00pm in S201, unless otherwise noted.
- October 3 – Cameron Ferguson (Chicago) – “The Beloved Son Crucified: The Aqedah in Mark and Paul.” – This workshop is cosponsored with the Hebrew Bible Workshop
- October 10 – Prof. Sarah E. Bond (University of Iowa) – “Inheriting the Prejudices of Rome: Perceptions of Work and Labor in Early Christianity.” – This workshop is cosponsored with the Ancient Societies Workshop
- October 31– Kelly Holob (Chicago) – “Rational Worship and Harmonization in the Hymns of Synesius of Cyrene.”
- November 14 – Dr. Korshi Dosoo (Université Paris-Sorbonne (Paris IV)) –“Animals in ‘Christian’ Magical Texts from Late Antique and Early Islamic Egypt.” – This workshop is cosponsored with the Animal Studies Workshop
- December 5– Prof. Jeffrey Stackert (Chicago) – “The Elohistic Horeb Narrative in Jewish and Christian Interpretation: Two Examples.” – This workshop is cosponsored with the Hebrew Bible Workshop