The Endocrine Surgery and Oncology Program, lead by Dr. Peter Angelos, comprises a multidisciplinary team that includes endocrinologists, endocrine surgeons, pathologists, radiologists and geneticists.
The University of Chicago Endocrine Surgery and Oncology program has longstanding expertise and regional leadership in Endocrine Surgery and Endocrine Oncology within the Chicagoland area and the Midwest. We are the market leader in endocrine case volume and offer a unique operative experience to our endocrine surgery fellows, which include:
- High volume of thyroid, parathyroid, adrenal and neuroendocrine cases (200+cases per fellow per year)
- High pediatric thyroidectomy volume
- Significant volume of neck dissections
- Transoral thyroid/parathyroid surgery
- A large adrenal practice (transabdominal, retroperitoneal, open)
We also offer a unique research and educational opportunities in form of an optional 2nd year within our fellowship (see the research and education tab).
For more information: https://www.uchicagomedicine.org/cancer/types-treatments/endocrine-cancers