The Dawn of the Nuclear Age: Chicago Pile One
In the north side of UChicago campus, there is a weird metal mushroom. This statue is called “Nuclear Energy”. In this podcast, we will focus on the history event behind this mushroom, looking back to that great time of science and its influence on Chicago, the world and our life.
- Manhattan Project, Wikipedia Manhattan Project – Wikipedia
- Chicago Pile-1, Atomic Heritage Foundation https://www.atomicheritage.org/history/chicago-pile-1
- Chicago Pile-1: A Brick History, Argonne National Laboratory https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTPiTJ2bKS0
- Manhattan Project, UChicago Physics https://physics.uchicago.edu/about/our-history/manhattan-project/
- The Chicago Pile 1 Pioneers, Argonne National Laboratory https://www.ne.anl.gov/About/cp1-pioneers/
- National Register of Historic Places Inventory, United States Department of The Interiorhttps://web.archive.org/web/20090327062129/http://pdfhost.focus.nps.gov/docs/NHLS/Text/66000493.pdf
- History of Emergency Preparedness, United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission https://www.nrc.gov/about-nrc/emerg-preparedness/history.html
- Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists https://thebulletin.org/2016/03/bulletin-of-the-atomic-scientists-announces-leadership-changes-to-governing-board-board-of-sponsors-and-science-and-security-board/
Hisaishi Jō’s Merry Go Round of Life ( 人生のメリーゴーランド)
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.