- Wealth, Race, and Consumption Smoothing of Typical Income Shocks. with Damon Jones, Pascal Noel, Fiona Greig, Diana Farrell, and Chris Wheat. June 2020.
Published and Forthcoming Papers
- Why Do Borrowers Default on Mortgages? with Pascal Noel. July 2022. Accepted, Quarterly Journal of Economics. Replication Kit.
- Should We Have Automatic Triggers for Unemployment Benefit Duration And How Costly Would They Be? with Gabriel Chodorow-Reich and Jon Gruber. AEA Papers and Proceedings. May 2022. Replication Kit.
- US Unemployment Insurance Replacement Rates During the Pandemic. with Pascal Noel and Joe Vavra. Journal of Public Economics. August 2020.
- Initial Impacts of the Pandemic on Consumer Behavior: Evidence from Linked Income, Spending, and Savings Data. with Natalie Cox, Erica Deadman, Diana Farrell, Fiona Greig, Pascal Noel, Joe Vavra, and Arlene Wong. Brookings Papers on Economic Activity. June 2020. Online Appendix.
- Consumer Spending During Unemployment: Positive and Normative Implications. with Pascal Noel. American Economic Review. July 2019. Non-technical Summary. Online Appendix. Spending Category Crosswalk. Replication Kit.
- The Decline, Rebound, and Further Rise in SNAP Enrollment: Disentangling Business Cycle Fluctuations and Policy Changes. with Jeffrey Liebman. American Economic Journal: Economic Policy. November 2018. Online Appendix.
- How Do Changes In Housing Voucher Design Affect Rent and Neighborhood Quality? with Rob Collinson. American Economic Journal: Economic Policy. May 2018. Online Appendix.
- A Permutation Test for the Regression Kink Design. with Simon Jaeger. Journal of the American Statistical Association. June 2018. Stata function <rdpermute>.
- Why Has Regional Income Convergence in the U.S. Declined? with Daniel Shoag. Journal of Urban Economics. November 2017. Online Appendix. Replication Kit.
- Criminal Rehabilitation, Incapacitation, and Aging. American Law and Economics Review. December 2012. Code.
Materials provided are for Educational Use Only. All articles are the sole copyright of their respective publishers.