The University of Chicago has many great resources focused on fostering diversity and inclusion in on campus. Check out some of them below!
- Center for the Study of Race, Politics and Culture
- Chicago Center for Teaching
- Center for Civic Engagement
- Student Disability Services
- BSD’s Office of Diversity and Inclusion
- University of Chicago oSTEM Chapter
- University of Chicago SACNAS Chapter
- PSD Women in Graduate Science
- The Center for Identity + Inclusion
Resources within the Center for Identity + Inclusion
The University of Chicago also has many programs and organizations centered around outreach and broader scientific impact. Opportunities for scientific outreach can be learned about at the university’s Broader Impacts Fair which occurs annually, and its website contains emails for anyone who cannot make the fair and is curious in any particular program. The University’s Center for Civic Engagement has several programs focused on work in local schools and community organizations in Chicago. These exist for both undergraduates and graduates.
The Outreach Page has a sample of existing outreach programs associated with the university that are always looking for graduate student volunteers. If you are interested in any of these programs, please check out the Broader Impacts Fair site for more information and the person to contact to get more involved!