Auto text: “Insert Prostate Biopsy” or “Insert Prostate 2 Part”
1. Prostate cores are very thin, often thread-like and clear to white. Be sure to check sides of container and lid for adherent tissue.
2. Gently place 2 to 3 cores in one cassette in parallel rows within cassettes lined with blue sponges.
3. Lift cores out of the container using the wooden end of the cotton swab (DO NOT crush with forceps) and stain with Eosin.
4. Count and measure each core length. Document in the CoPath report, adjusting the template as needed.
5. If cores are broken, submit them in one cassette (as demonstrated below).