- Congratulations to Julia Meng for her nomination from the CMB program for the BSD Harper Fellowship (for best PhD thesis)
- Congratulations to Marie Greaney and Maxime Lehman for winning the best presentation prize at the 2021 CNRS-Chicago symposium.
- Congratulations to Julia Meng who accepted a post-doc in the Lyon’s lab
- Congratulations to Yiqin Gao for her acceptance into the Neuroscience Honors Program!
- Congratulations to Bianca Campagnari on her DNUFO summer fellowship.
- Congratulations to Juan Zuniga for submitting his Neuroscience thesis!
- Zarion Marshall joins the lab (CON graduate program)
- Conor Lee-Smith, CMB Graduate Student Rotation
- Talia Friedman, undergraduate joins the lab
- Congratulations to Marie Greaney for her NRSA F31 Fellowship
- Congratulations to Julia Meng for the publication of her review article: Development of Motor Circuits. Meng JL, Heckscher ES (2021). Current Topics in Developmental Biology. Special issue on Neural Development, Greg Bashaw editor. Elsevier. 142:409-442.
- Rio Salazar, CMB Graduate Student Rotation
- Anali Migueles, DRSB Graduate Student Rotation
- Welcome Deeptha Vasudevan, post-doctoral researcher
- Our very own Zarion Marshall rotates as part of the CON Graduate Student Rotation
- Jake Henderson selected for the Developmental Biology Training Grant for a second year
- Yiqin Gao awarded BSCD Summer Research Fellow
- Juan Zuniga awarded a Metcalf Summer Fellow
- Good-bye Yi-wen Wang, PhD. Congratulations on your new job in Taiwan!
- Good-bye to Zarion Marshall, good luck as a UChicago graduate student in the fall.
- Congratulations to Julia for publishing her manuscript “Temporal transcription factors determine circuit membership by permanently altering motor neuron-to-muscle synaptic partnerships.” Meng JL, Wang Y, Carrillo RA, Heckscher ES (2020). eLife; 9:e56898
- Congratulations to Hannah Carr for graduation from UChicago and being accepted at UChicago Pritzker School of Medicine.
- Sean Corcoran, DRSB Graduate Student Rotation (socially-distanced)
- Congratulations to Julia for publishing her manuscript “How prolonged expression of Hunchback, a temporal transcription factor, re-wires locomotor circuits” in eLife;8:e46089
- Jake Henderson (DRSB graduate student) joins to the lab
- Jake Henderson selected for the Developmental Biology Training Grant
- Elise Paniel graduates with MS from University Paris, Diderot
- 2019 CSHL course: Drosophila Neurobiology: Gene, Circuits & Behavior. Ellie- Lecturer/Lab Coordinator; Marie and Yi-wen- TAs.
- Hannah Carr awarded International REU Program Fellow
- Omar Kassem awarded a Odyssey Scholar and Summer Fellow
- Yiqin Gao awarded a Developmental Neurobiology Undergraduate Fellow
- Congratulations Marie Greaney on her honorable mention for an NSF Graduate Research Fellowship!
- Congratulations to Alden Hererra for graduation from UofC
- Anthony Osuma, CON Graduate Student Rotation
- Jake Henderson, DRSB Graduate Student Rotation
- Rosteen Mansouri-Rad, CON Graduate Student Rotation
- Welcome and Yi-wen Wang (post-doc) to the lab
- Heckscher lab R01 officially starts!
- Welcome Marie Greaney (Neuroscience Grad Student) to the lab.
- Elaine Kushkowski, DRSB Graduate Student Rotation
- Welcome undergrads,\ Annie Ullyot and Noah Brookes to the lab.
- Congratulations to Alden Herrera and Hannah Carr on their DNUFO summer fellowships
- Congratulation to Julia Meng fo her NSF GRFP graduate fellowship.
- Congratulation to Julia Meng on her re-selection for MGCB training grant
- Welcome Elise Paniel to the lab
- Our own Katie Bell will be attending graduate school at USC this fall
- Grace Schultz, DRSB Graduate Student Rotation
- Erica Mezias, CON Graduate Student Rotation
- Marie Greaney, CON Graduate Student Rotation
- Khoi Nguyen, DRSB Graduate Student Rotation
- Congratulations to Julia Meng passing her qualifying exam
- Meike Lobb-Rabe, CMB Graduate Student Rotation.
- Congradulations to Julia Meng for being selected to be on the MCB training grant.
- Congratulations to Julia Meng, who gave talks at Drosophila Neurobiology Meeting, at Cold Spring Harbor and at the UChicago Molecular BioSciences Retreat
- Julia Meng, CMB Graduate Student joins the lab
- Machiah Gill, University of Miami Undergraduate, Summer Project
- Luis X. de Pablo, University of Chicago Lab School, Science Summer Link
- Alden Herrera, U Chicago Undergraduate joins the Heckscher Lab
- Johnathon Hall, CMB Graduate Student Rotation
- Ellie is featured in The Atlantic article “Fly larvae help scientists understand and treat diseases. An Object Lesson” by Robin Tricoles
- Wreden et al., 2017 “Temporal cohorts of lineage-related neurons perform analogous functions in distinct sensorimotor circuits” published in Current Biology
- Julia Meng, CMB Graduate Student Rotation
- Roy Morgan, CMB Graduate Student Rotation
- Hirono et al., 2017 , “The Hunchback temporal transcription factor establishes, but is not required to maintain, early-born neuronal identity” published in Neural Development
- Harry Feng, DRSB Graduate Student Rotation
- Hannah Carr, U Chicago Undergraduate joins the Heckscher Lab
- Anthony DiGiovanni, U Chicago Undergraduate joins the Heckscher Lab
- Sun and Heckscher 2016, “Using linear agarose channels to study Drosophila larval crawling behavior” published in JoVE
- Ellie gives a talk at Janelia Research Campus for the Behavioral Neurogenetics of Drosophila Larva meeting
- Ellie gives a talk In Ann Arbor, MI for the Midwest Society of Developmental Biology Regional Meeting
- Ellie gives a talk in Chicago, IL for the Molecular and Cellular Biology Training Program, University of Chicago
- Wanhao Chi, GGSB Graduate Student Rotation
- Katie Bell, U Chicago Undergraduate joins the Heckscher Lab
- Zarion Marshall joins the lab as Technician
- Clark et al. 2016 “Functional genetic screen to identify interneurons governing behaviorally distinct aspects of Drosophila larval motor programs” published in G3
- Xiao Sun, DRSB Graduate Student Rotation