Methodological papers in PDF form for the period 2020-present in reverse chronological order.
- Zhang, X. & Hedeker, D. (2022, epub). Defining R-squared measures for mixed-effects location scale models. Statistics in Medicine. pdf file.
- Ma, Q. Mermelstein, R. & Hedeker, D. (2022). A shared-parameter location-scale mixed model to link the responsivity in self-initiated event reports and the event-contingent Ecological Momentary Assessments. Statistics in Medicine, 41:1780-1796. pdf file
- Hedeker, D. & Mermelstein, R.J. (2022). Modeling Variation in Intensive Longitudinal Data. In A.A. O’Connell, D. B. McCoach, & B. Bell (Eds.), Multilevel Modeling Methods with Introductory and Advanced Applications. Information Age Publishing. pdf file
- Lin, X., Mermelstein, R.J., & Hedeker, D. (2021). Analysis of multivariate longitudinal substance use outcomes using multivariate mixed cumulative logit model. BMC Medical Research Methodology, 21:239. pdf file
- Yaremych, H.E, Preacher, K.J., & Hedeker, D. (2021, epub). Centering categorical predictors in multilevel models: Best practices and interpretation. Psychological Methods. pdf file
- Ma, Q. Mermelstein, R. & Hedeker, D. (2020). A three-level mixed model to account for the correlation at both the between-day and the within-day level for ecological momentary assessments. Health Services and Outcomes Research Methodology, 20:247-264. pdf file
- Lin, X., Mermelstein, R. & Hedeker, D. (2020). Mixed location scale hidden Markov model for the analysis of intensive longitudinal data. Health Services and Outcomes Research Methodology, 20:222-236. pdf file
- Ma, Q. & Hedeker, D. (2020). Modeling of between- and within-subject variances using mixed effects location scale (MELS) models. SAS 2020 Global Forum Proceedings, Paper 4181-2020. pdf file
- Yuan, C., Hedeker, D., Mermelstein, R., Xie, H. (2020). A tractable method to account for high-dimensional nonignorable missing data in intensive longitudinal data. Statistics in Medicine, 39(20):2589-2605. pdf file
- Dzubur, E., Ponnada, A., Nordgren, R., Yang, C.-H., Intille, S., Dunton, G., & Hedeker, D. (2020). MixWILD: A program for examining the effects of variance and slope of time-varying variables in intensive longitudinal data. Behavior Research Methods, 52:1403–1427. pdf file
- Nordgren, R., Hedeker, D., Dunton, G., & Yang, C.-H. (2020). Extending the mixed-effects model to consider within-subject variance for Ecological Momentary Assessment data. Statistics in Medicine, 39:577-590. pdf file