The Chicago Area Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Network (CAPriCORN)
Site Lead: David Meltzer, MD, PhD
CAPriCORN is an unprecedented partnership of research institutions, clinicians, patients and patient advocates. The CAPriCORN mission is to develop, test, and implement policies and programs that will improve health care quality, health outcomes, and health equity for the richly diverse populations of the metropolitan Chicago region and beyond. Within the Chicago metropolitan area, CAPriCORN seeks to address the needs of an estimated 9.5 million residents, including groups that experience significant health inequities partly due to variable access to high-quality care.
As one of thirteen clinical data research networks (CDRNs) funded by the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI), CAPriCORN is able to contribute data and expertise to strengthen the capacity of PCORnet to engage in sustainable, population-wide, and patient-centered outcomes research.
The overall goals of CAPriCORN are to:
- Engage stakeholders in governance and research
- Expand an analysis-ready, standardized dataset while protecting privacy and data security
- Embed clinical trials in network care delivery systems
- Build public trust in research
- Attract diverse users of network resources
- Create a sustainable network
To learn more about CAPriCORN, please visit: http://capricorncdrn.org/