[Fall Schedule TBA]
The Medieval Studies Workshop is pleased to welcome submissions for the 2022-2023 academic year. The purpose of this workshop is to discuss works-in-progress such as conference presentations, article drafts, and dissertation chapters in a collaborative space. We welcome work that engages the medieval period from a range of disciplinary perspectives, geographic areas, and methodological approaches, and are committed to fostering a respectful and inclusive environment for discussion.
We are currently seeking proposals from graduate students. The deadline to submit is Friday, September 23, 2022.
Proposals should include:
- Your name, position, department, and institutional affiliation
- Provisional title and type of project (conference paper, article draft, oral presentation, etc)
- A brief abstract (300 words maximum)
- The quarters in which you can and cannot present
- Your preference for remote or in-person workshop
Papers will be circulated on the Medieval Studies Workshop website one week before each workshop. Papers are typically 20-30 pages in length. Every workshop begins with a response from an invited respondent. If you’d like to respond to a paper this year, feel free to reach out to the workshop coordinators. We typically meet on Fridays once or twice a month from 12:30-2:00pm CST. Please check our website closer to the Autumn quarter for updates on meeting times and locations.
We’re looking forward to a great year!