Daniel Morgan (Cinema and Media Studies, UChicago)
In Conversation with Agnes Callard (Philosophy, UChicago)
Thursday, June 4, 5:00-8:00 p.m. Central Time
Livestream on Crowdcast: click here to register for the conversation
At this event, we will discuss the following questions (and more):
- Why do we love movies?
- How do we remember movies?
- What makes Casablanca such a classic movie?
- Does it matter whether we watch them in theaters?
- Is there a distinction between “high” and “low” to be made within movies?
- Movies vs TV: is there still a difference?
Links for signing up for all spring Night Owls events (including ones that have aired already) on Crowdcast here! You can also find the details for this week’s writing contest below. This is the third Night Owls conversation Dan and Agnes have had together—as a guest, Dan is to Night Owls as Alec Baldwin is to SNL!