Principal contribution is providing technical and administrative support for the laboratory. Under general supervision, the Research Technician performs moderately complex lab and/or research-related duties and tasks.
- Collects and maintains data and/or specimens.
- Analyzes data.
- Conducts literature reviews.
- Assists with preparation of reports, manuscripts and other documents.
- Maintains and orders equipment and supplies.
- Helps monitor compliance with institutional, state, and federal regulatory policies, procedures, directives and mandates.
- May orient or coordinate the work of research support staff and students.
- Responsibilities may include the following non-laboratory duties: assisting with developing or amending study protocols; assisting with developing data collection tools; assisting with building databases; and providing general administrative support.
- Responsibilities may include the following laboratory duties: setting up and performing experiments; interacting with students and other laboratory staff under the direction of the principal investigator.
- Knowledge in relevant scientific field required.
- Knowledge of research techniques or methods required.
- Knowledge of regulatory policies and procedures required.
- Analytical skills required.
- Problem-solving skills required.
- Attention to detail required.
- Organizational skills required.
- Verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. Interested candidates should send their curriculum vitae, a description of their scientific interests, and the names and contact information of three professional references to: email@example.com. This position is available for immediate hire.