Skip to toolbar

PLACEMENT

Most of the graduates of the 2019 cohort are currently research professionals at academic or research institutions or non-profit organizations. Three of them have been accepted by doctoral programs at leading universities including the University of Chicago, Princeton University, Yale University, the University of Wisconsin-Madison, the University of Texas-Austin, among others.

“I was attracted to the program because of the University’s reputation, the great faculty members that are in the program, and the scholarship opportunities. The program’s workshops have prepared me well for my career pursuits.”

Ruinan Liu

“I chose the QMSA program because of its low faculty-student ratio, its interdisciplinary and research-oriented characteristics, as well as its STEM visa.”

Yanuo Zhou

“The program strengthened my technical, communication, and statistical skills. It also equipped me with many of the skills needed for research.”

Lucero Vargas

“The coding and programming training that I received has aided me in quantitative work. Also, the varied types of research questions and methodology that I was exposed to allow me to quickly learn new statistical tools.”

Troy Durie

“The research methods course that I had to take as QMSA electives helped me to develop the skills needed for a MA thesis and enabled me to prepare for PhD applications.”

Ha-Joon Chung

“I am attracted to QMSA because the program further develops my analytical skills and allows me to pursue my interest in behavioral science”

Shan Shan

“As a student of psychology, the QMSA program proved to be the most suitable options for me. The quantitative aspects of the program prepared me well for my career.”

Chaoyi Zhang

“I chose the QMSA program because it can provide an ideal mix of rigorous training in economics, political science, and statistics. I was exposed to a slew of topics from consumer theory to electoral competition to regularization methods across those fields. I’d like to believe the coursework laid a strong foundation for rigorous quantitative research in the years to come.” 

Steve Kim

“The economic courses that I took in the program have prepared me well for future careers.”

Myera Rashid