The conference is dedicated to an exploration of the wide range of phenomena that have been investigated under the rubric of sluicing, but also more generally formal approaches to ellipsis, including questions of the potential mechanisms of ellipsis (deletion, copying, proforms or other anaphoric devices).
Presenters will be given 20 minutes for presentation followed by a 10-minute question period.
- Submit your abstract(s) in PDF format with filename PaperTitle.pdf (e.g., Sluicing_and_Ellipsis_in_English.pdf).
- Include paper title in the abstract.
- Limit abstracts to two letter-sized or A4 pages in length, inclusive of data and references. Use one-inch margins and a font size no smaller than 11 point. Incorporate data into the main text of the abstract, not on a separate page.
- Anonymize submissions by not including author name(s) in the abstract or filename. If necessary, remove author name(s) from the document properties of the PDF file.
- Use the Easychair platform for the submission of abstracts: submission link here.
- Restrict submissions to one individual and one joint abstract per author, or two joint abstracts per author.
Submission deadline: November 15, 2018 by 11:59 PM CST
Notification: December 20, 2018
Final Program: Mid-January
For questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org