Reserving Space at 1155
The Social Sciences Research Center has two meeting rooms that can be requested for faculty research meetings and workshops:
Conference Room 340
- Capacity: 10 people
- Room 340 contains a large monitor with camera and sound bar, whiteboard, and conference phone. Connection options include Apple TV (via Bluetooth), VGA, and HDMI.
Conference Room 344
- Capacity: seating for 30 people
- Room 344 has a video presentation system with an HDMI connection, whiteboard, and conference phone. Room 344 does not have a camera or microphone; groups who plan to use Zoom or other conference call technology must bring their own equipment.
Reservation requests for either room must include the meeting purpose as well as the requested start and end times and are subject to the guidelines outlined at the end of the page. Please refer to the calendars below to check availability.
For reservation inquiries, please contact Natalie Arsenault at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the reservation request form.
SSRC Room Reservation Guidelines
- Access to the SSRC suite is limited to those who have been entered into the security system; a University ID is required to enter and/or external guests must be met at the door.
- The door to the suite is not to be propped open.
- Groups should test equipment before the event, as SSRC does not have on-site tech support.
- Groups are responsible for leaving the room in a neat and orderly condition.
- Doors must remain closed while meetings are in session.
- Groups are responsible for cleaning up any spills or crumbs. All food must be removed from the room at the end of the reservation.
- Groups should inform desk security in advance if catering is to be delivered. The meeting organizer will need to meet the caterer at the door of the building to accompany them to the third floor.
- Groups may leave leftover food in the SSRC kitchen (guidelines will be be provided to groups making reservations).