Reserving Space at 1155
The Social Sciences Research Center has two meeting rooms that can be requested for faculty research meetings and workshops:
Conference Room 340
- Capacity: 10 people
- Equipment: large monitor, whiteboards, and conference phone.
Conference Room 344
- Capacity: seating for 30 people
- Equipment: video presentation system, whiteboard, conference phone
Reservation requests for either room must include the meeting purpose as well as the requested start and end times and are subject to the guidelines outlined at the end of the page. Please refer to the calendars below to check availability.
SSRC Room Reservation Guidelines
- Groups using the conference rooms may arrange the available chairs as they choose, provided that all pieces of furniture are returned to their original positions at the close of the meeting. Furniture may not be moved into or out of the conference rooms.
- Food and beverages are permitted in the conference rooms. Groups are responsible for cleaning up any spills or crumbs. All food must be removed from the room at the end of the reservation.
- Leftover food may be left in the SSRC refrigerator for general consumption only if it has been condensed into covered containers, dated, and labeled as “free.” This is a shared refrigerator so please be mindful of others—no large or uncovered platters or bowls, and no food that will spoil quickly (e.g., dressed salads). Please remove or dispose of food that is not fit to be stored.
- Groups are responsible for leaving the room in a neat and orderly condition.
- Doors must remain closed while meetings are in session.