The Hymen Milgrom Supporting Organization (HMSO) funds four programs:
(1) Successful Pathways from School to Work Research Initiative, which supports rigorous inquiry on how educators can become more effective in fostering the skills, dispositions, and experiences essential for success in the modern labor market, as well as society as a whole.
(2) Milgrom Community Service and Innovation Fellowship for University of Chicago students, focused on helping improve the lives of disadvantaged children and youth in Chicago through education-related community service.
(3) Milgrom Educational Innovation Challenge Grant, which supports University of Chicago organizations in order to enable them to establish a competition for University of Chicago students to design solutions to education-related problems in Chicago and provide students the programming necessary for its success.
(4) Milgrom Computer Coding Fellowship Grant. This new initiative will be focused on helping improve the lives of disadvantaged youth in Chicago and their opportunities for successful employment by developing their computer coding and programming skills.
The HMSO is currently accepting applications for the Milgrom Student Research Initiative Grant.
- Milgrom Student Research Initiative Grant
For 2022, the Hymen Milgrom Supporting Organization (HMSO) invites proposals from doctoral students at the University of Chicago for a Milgrom Research Initiative Grant. The HMSO seeks to expand its support to doctoral students and has a special interest in funding projects relating to coding and computer skills. Other proposal topics fostering the skills, dispositions, and experiences essential to prepare heterogeneous students for successful pathways into the modern labor market will also be welcomed. The HMSO is interested in projects focusing on the impact of the transitioning economy on youth from the southside of Chicago and on their evolving pathways to employment.
The HMSO is seeking proposals for one and two year awards to begin in fall 2022. The due date for 2022 applications is July 15, 2022. For more information about this year’s grant competition, including who may apply and the process for submitting an application, consult the 2022 RFP. Please contact Jodi Khan if you have any questions or to schedule a pre-submission consultation: email@example.com