Quantum Information, Computation and Communication:
- X. Wu, A. Kolar, J. Chung, D. Jin, T. Zhong, R. Kettimuthu and M. Suchara, “SeQUeNCe: A Customizable Discrete-Event Simulator of Quantum Networks.” Quantum Science and Technology, Vol. 6. No. 4, 2021. Also available as ArXiv:2009.12000.
- P. Gokhale, T. Tomesh, M. Suchara and F. Chong, “Faster and More Reliable Quantum SWAPs via Native Gates.” Available as arXiv:2109.13199, September 2021.
- Z. Saleem, T. Tomesh, M. Perlin, P. Gokhale and M. Suchara, “Quantum Divide and Conquer for Combinatorial Optimization and Distributed Computing.” Available as arXiv:2107.07532, July 2021.
- T. Tomesh, Z. Saleem and M. Suchara, “Quantum Local Search with Quantum Alternating Operator Ansatz.” Available as arXiv:2107.04109, July 2021.
- M. Perlin, Z. Saleem, M. Suchara and J. Osborn, “Quantum Circuits: Divide and Compute with Maximum Likelihood Tomography.” npj Quantum Information – Nature journal, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 64, 2021. Also available as ArXiv:2005.12702.
- W. Tang, T. Tomesh, J. Larson, M. Suchara and M. Martonosi, “CutQC: Using Small Quantum Computers for Large Quantum Circuit Evaluations.” In ACM International Conference on Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems (ASPLOS), April 2021. Also available as arXiv:2012.02333.
- J. Williams, H. Qiao, R. Kettimuthu, M. Suchara and T. Zhong, “Implementation of Quantum Key Distribution and Quantum Clock Synchronization via Time Bin Encoding.” In proceedings of SPIE Quantum Computing, Communication, and Simulation, Vol. 11699, pp. 16-25, March 2021.
- T. Ayral, F-M. Le Régent, Z. Saleem, Y. Alexeev and M. Suchara, “Quantum Divide and Compute: Exploring the Effect of Different Noise Sources.” Springer Nature Computer Science, Vol. 2, No. 132, 2021.
- P. Gokhale, O. Angiuli, Y. Ding, K. Gui, T. Tomesh, M. Suchara, M. Martonosi and F. Chong, “O(N3) Measurement Cost for Variational Quantum Eigensolver on Molecular Hamiltonians.” IEEE Transactions on Quantum Engineering, Vol. 1, pp. 1-24, 2020.
- P. Gokhale, O. Angiuli, Y. Ding, K. Gui, T. Tomesh, M. Suchara, M. Martonosi and F. Chong, “Optimization of Simultaneous Measurement for Variational Quantum Eigensolver Applications.” In proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Quantum Computing and Engineering – QCE20, October 2020. Winner of the Best Paper Award.
- Z. Saleem, B. Tariq and Martin Suchara, “Approaches to Constrained Quantum Approximate Optimization.” Available as arXiv:2010.06660, October 2020.
- T. Ayral, F-M. Le Régent, Z. Saleem, Y. Alexeev and M. Suchara, “Quantum Divide and Compute: Hardware Demonstrations and Noisy Simulations.” In the IEEE Computer Society Annual Symposium on VLSI, July 2020. Also available as arXiv:2005.12874.
- Z. Saleem, K. Gui, R. Shaydulin and M. Suchara, “Comparing Constrained and Unconstrained Quantum Approximate Optimization Algorithms.” In the 2nd International Workshop on Quantum Resource Estimation QRE, collocated with ISCA, May 2020.
- K. Gui, T. Tomesh, P. Gokhale, Y. Shi, F. Chong, M. Martonosi and M. Suchara, “Term Grouping and Travelling Salesperson for Digital Quantum Simulation.” Available as arXiv:2001.05983, January 2020.
- X. Wu, J. Chung, A. Kolar, E. Wang, T. Zhong, R. Kettimuthu and M. Suchara, “Simulations of Photonic Quantum Networks for Performance Analysis and Experiment Design.” In the PHOTONICS workshop, collocated with SC19, November 2019.
- X. Wu, J. Chung, A. Kolar, E. Wang, T. Zhong, R. Kettimuthu and M. Suchara, “Photon-Level Simulation of Quantum Key Distribution with Picosecond Accuracy.” In the 2019 Single Photon Workshop, October 2019.
- P. Gokhale, O. Angiuli, Y. Ding, K. Gui, T. Tomesh, M. Suchara, M. Martonosi and F. Chong, “Minimizing State Preparations in Variational Quantum Eigensolver by Partitioning into Commuting Families.” Available as arXiv:1907.13623, July 2019. Winner of the IBM Q Best Paper Award.
- M. Suchara, Y. Alexeev, F. Chong, H. Finkel, H. Hoffmann, J. Larson, J. Osborn, and G. Smith, “Hybrid Quantum-Classical Computing Architectures.” In The 3rd International Workshop on Post-Moore Era Supercomputing, November 2018.
- M. Suchara, A. Cross and J. Gambetta, “Leakage Suppression in the Toric Code.” In Quantum Information and Computation, Vol. 15, No. 11 & 12, pp. 0997-1016, 2015. Also available as arXiv 1410.8562 and as a conference paper in the Proceedings of IEEE ISIT, June 2015.
- S. Bravyi, M. Suchara and A. Vargo, “Efficient Algorithms for Maximum Likelihood Decoding in the Surface Code.” In Physical Review A 90, 032326, 2014. Also available as arXiv 1405.4883.
- M. Suchara, A. Faruque, C. Lai, G. Paz, F. Chong and J. Kubiatowicz, “Comparing the Overhead of Topological and Concatenated Quantum Error Correction.” Available as arXiv 1312.2316, December 2013.
- M. Suchara, A. Faruque, C. Lai, G. Paz, F. Chong and J. Kubiatowicz, “QuRE: The Quantum Resource Estimator Toolbox.” In Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Computer Design, October 2013.
- C. Lai, G. Paz, M. Suchara and T. Brun, “Performance and Error Analysis of Knill’s Postselection Scheme in a Two-Dimensional Architecture.” In Quantum Information and Computation, Vol. 14, No. 9 & 10, pp. 807-822, 2014.
- M. Suchara, A. Faruque, C. Lai, G. Paz, F. Chong and J. Kubiatowicz, “Estimating the Resources for Quantum Computation with the QuRE Toolbox.” UC Berkeley Technical Report UCB/EECS-2013-119, May 2013.
- S. Bravyi, G. Duclos-Cianci, D. Poulin and M. Suchara, “Subsystem Surface Codes with Three-Qubit Check Operators.” In Quantum Information and Computation, Vol. 13, No. 11 & 12, pp. 0963, 2013.
- A. Abhari, A. Faruque, M. Dousti, L. Svec, O. Catu, A. Chakrabati, C-F. Chiang, S. Vanderwilt, J. Black, F. Chong, M. Martonosi, M. Suchara, K. Brown, M. Pedram and T. Brun, “Scaffold: Quantum Programming Language.” Technical Report TR-934-12, Dept. of Computer Science, Princeton University, July 2012.
- M. Suchara, S. Bravyi and B. Terhal, “Construction and Noise Threshold of Topological Subsystem Codes.” In Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical, Vol. 44, Issue 15, pp. 155301, 2011. Paper included in the Highlights of 2011 Collection.
- M. Grocky, M. Suchara, Z. Kluiber, V. Janovec and Z. Zikmund, “Structure of Ferroelastic Domain Walls and Antiphase Boundaries in Crystals of β K2SO4.” XV-Czech-Polish seminar: “Structural and Ferroelectric Phase Transitions”, May 2002.
Optimizations of Multipath Routing:
- M. Suchara, D. Xu, R. Doverspike, D. Johnson and J. Rexford, “Network Architecture for Joint Failure Recovery and Traffic Engineering.” In Proceedings of ACM SIGMETRICS, June 2011. Paper won the Best Student Paper Award.
- W. Fisher, M. Suchara and J. Rexford, “Greening Backbone Networks: Reducing Energy Consumption by Shutting Off Cables in Bundled Links.” In ACM SIGCOMM Workshop on Green Networking, August 2010.
- U. Javed, M. Suchara, J. He and J. Rexford, “Multipath Protocol for Delay-Sensitive Traffic.” Invited paper in COMSNETS, January 2009
- J. He, M. Suchara, M. Bresler, J. Rexford and M. Chiang, “Rethinking Traffic Management: From Multiple Decompositions to a Practical Protocol.” In Proceedings of CoNEXT, December 2007.
Routing Safety, Security and Reliability:
- M. Suchara, A. Fabrikant and J. Rexford, “BGP Safety with Spurious Updates.” In Proceedings of IEEE INFOCOM, 2011. Longer version also available as Technical Report TR 881 10, Dept. of Computer Science, Princeton University, July 2010.
- I. Avramopoulos and M. Suchara, “Protecting DNS from Routing Attacks: A Comparison of Two Alternative Anycast Implementations.” In IEEE Security & Privacy, Issue on Securing the Domain Name System, September/October 2009.
- M. Suchara and I. Avramopoulos, “Comparing the Performance of Network-Layer and Application-Layer Anycast.” Technical Report TR-849-09, Dept. of Computer Science, Princeton University, April 2009.
- I. Avramopoulos, M. Suchara and J. Rexford, “How Small Groups Can Secure Interdomain Routing.” Technical Report TR-808-07, Dept. of Computer Science, Princeton University, December 2007.
- M. Suchara, I. Avramopoulos and J. Rexford, “Securing BGP Incrementally.” In CoNEXT Student Workshop, December 2007.
- M. Suchara, L. Andrew, R. Witt, K. Jacobsson, B. Wydrowski and S. Low, “Implementation of Provably Stable MaxNet.” In Proceedings of BROADNETS, September 2008.
- B. Wydrowski, S. Hegde, M. Suchara, R. Witt and S. Low, “Grid networks and TCP services, protocols, and technologies.” In Grid Networks: Enabling Grids with Advanced Communication Technology, F. Travostino, J. Mambretti, G. Karmous-Edwards (Eds.), John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., 2006, ISBN: 0 470 01748 1.
- M. Suchara, R. Witt and B. Wydrowski, “TCP MaxNet – An Implementation and Experiments on the WAN in Lab.” In Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Networks, March 2005.
- M. Suchara, “Reliable Internet Routing.” Ph.D. Thesis, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ, 2011.
- M. Suchara, “TCP MaxNet: Background, Algorithms, Implementation and Experiments.” B.S. Thesis, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA, 2006.