Quantum Computing, Physics of Information, Physics:
- K. Gui, T. Tomesh, P. Gokhale, Y. Shi, F. Chong, M. Martonosi and M. Suchara, “Term Grouping and Travelling Salesperson for Digital Quantum Simulation”. Available as arXiv:2001.05983.
- X. Wu, J. Chung, A. Kolar, E. Wang, T. Zhong, R. Kettimuthu and M. Suchara, “Simulations of Photonic Quantum Networks for Performance Analysis and Experiment Design”. In the PHOTONICS workshop, collocated with SC19, November 2019.
- X. Wu, J. Chung, A. Kolar, E. Wang, T. Zhong, R. Kettimuthu and M. Suchara, “Photon-Level Simulation of Quantum Key Distribution with Picosecond Accuracy”. In the 2019 Single Photon Workshop, October 2019.
- P. Gokhale, O. Angiuli, Y. Ding, K. Gui, T. Tomesh, M. Suchara, M. Martonosi and F. Chong, “Minimizing State Preparations in Variational Quantum Eigensolver by Partitioning into Commuting Families”. Available as arXiv:1907.13623.
- M. Suchara, Y. Alexeev, F. Chong, H. Finkel, H. Hoffmann, J. Larson, J. Osborn, and G. Smith, “Hybrid Quantum-Classical Computing Architectures”. In The 3rd International Workshop on Post-Moore Era Supercomputing, November 2018.
- M. Suchara, A. Cross and J. Gambetta, “Leakage Suppression in the Toric Code”. In Quantum Information and Computation, Vol. 15, No. 11 & 12, pp. 0997-1016, 2015. Also available as arXiv 1410.8562 and as a conference paper in the Proceedings of IEEE ISIT, June 2015.
- S. Bravyi, M. Suchara and A. Vargo, “Efficient Algorithms for Maximum Likelihood Decoding in the Surface Code”. In Physical Review A 90, 032326, 2014. Also available as arXiv 1405.4883.
- M. Suchara, A. Faruque, C. Lai, G. Paz, F. Chong and J. Kubiatowicz, “Comparing the Overhead of Topological and Concatenated Quantum Error Correction”. Available as arXiv 1312.2316.
- M. Suchara, A. Faruque, C. Lai, G. Paz, F. Chong and J. Kubiatowicz, “QuRE: The Quantum Resource Estimator Toolbox”. In Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Computer Design, 2013.
- C. Lai, G. Paz, M. Suchara and T. Brun, “Performance and Error Analysis of Knill’s Postselection Scheme in a Two-Dimensional Architecture”. In Quantum Information and Computation, Vol. 14, No. 9 & 10, pp. 807-822, 2014.
- M. Suchara, A. Faruque, C. Lai, G. Paz, F. Chong and J. Kubiatowicz, “Estimating the Resources for Quantum Computation with the QuRE Toolbox”. UC Berkeley Technical Report UCB/EECS-2013-119, 2013.
- S. Bravyi, G. Duclos-Cianci, D. Poulin and M. Suchara, “Subsystem Surface Codes with Three-Qubit Check Operators”. In Quantum Information and Computation, Vol. 13, No. 11 & 12, pp. 0963, 2013.
- M. Suchara, S. Bravyi and B. Terhal, “Construction and Noise Threshold of Topological Subsystem Codes”. In Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical, Vol. 44, Issue 15, pp. 155301, 2011. Paper included in the Highlights of 2011 Collection.
- M. Grocky, M. Suchara, Z. Kluiber, V. Janovec and Z. Zikmund, “Structure of Ferroelastic Domain Walls and Antiphase Boundaries in Crystals of β K2SO4”. XV-Czech-Polish seminar: “Structural and Ferroelectric Phase Transitions”, 2002.
Optimizations of Multipath Routing:
- M. Suchara, D. Xu, R. Doverspike, D. Johnson and J. Rexford, “Network Architecture for Joint Failure Recovery and Traffic Engineering”. In Proceedings of ACM SIGMETRICS, 2011. Paper won the Best Student Paper Award.
- W. Fisher, M. Suchara and J. Rexford, “Greening Backbone Networks: Reducing Energy Consumption by Shutting Off Cables in Bundled Links”. In ACM SIGCOMM Workshop on Green Networking, 2010.
- J. He, M. Suchara, M. Bresler, J. Rexford and M. Chiang, “Rethinking Traffic Management: From Multiple Decompositions to a Practical Protocol”. In Proceedings of CoNEXT, 2007.
- U. Javed, M. Suchara, J. He and J. Rexford, “Multipath Protocol for Delay-Sensitive Traffic”. Invited paper in COMSNETS, 2009.
Routing Safety, Security and Reliability:
- M. Suchara, A. Fabrikant and J. Rexford, “BGP Safety with Spurious Updates”. In Proceedings of IEEE INFOCOM, 2011. Longer version also available as Technical Report TR 881 10, Dept. of Computer Science, Princeton University, July 2010.
- I. Avramopoulos and M. Suchara, “Protecting DNS from Routing Attacks: A Comparison of Two Alternative Anycast Implementations”. In IEEE Security & Privacy, Issue on Securing the Domain Name System, September/October 2009.
- M. Suchara and I. Avramopoulos, “Comparing the Performance of Network-Layer and Application-Layer Anycast”. Technical Report TR-849-09, Dept. of Computer Science, Princeton University, April 2009.
- I. Avramopoulos, M. Suchara and J. Rexford, “How Small Groups Can Secure Interdomain Routing”. Technical Report TR-808-07, Dept. of Computer Science, Princeton University, December 2007.
- M. Suchara, I. Avramopoulos and J. Rexford, “Securing BGP Incrementally”. In CoNEXT Student Workshop, 2007.
- M. Suchara, L. Andrew, R. Witt, K. Jacobsson, B. Wydrowski and S. Low, “Implementation of Provably Stable MaxNet”. In Proceedings of BROADNETS, 2008.
- B. Wydrowski, S. Hegde, M. Suchara, R. Witt and S. Low, “Grid networks and TCP services, protocols, and technologies”. In Grid Networks: Enabling Grids with Advanced Communication Technology, F. Travostino, J. Mambretti, G. Karmous-Edwards (Eds.), John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., 2006, ISBN: 0 470 01748 1.
- M. Suchara, R. Witt and B. Wydrowski, “TCP MaxNet – An Implementation and Experiments on the WAN in Lab”. In Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Networks, 2005.
- M. Suchara, “Reliable Internet Routing”. Ph.D. Thesis, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ, 2011.
- M. Suchara, “TCP MaxNet: Background, Algorithms, Implementation and Experiments”. B.S. Thesis, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA, 2006.