Cytometry and Antibody Technology

Hello and Introduction

by | Dec 13, 2022 | Announcements, Chronicles of a SRL | 0 comments

Hello!

I wanted to take some internet bandwidth to introduce myself to everyone. My name is Everett, and I am the Scientific Associate Director for the CAT facility. I received my bachelors from Marquette University, and my doctorate from the University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee. My research focused on Developmental Immunotoxicology, which is this terrific intersection of developmental biology, hematopoietic stem cell biology, immunology, and environmental toxicology. Briefly, we looked at how developmental exposures to dioxin (specifically, 2,3,7,8, Tetrachlorodibenzo-para-dioxin; TCDD for short) affect the developing fetal immune system. When I entered the laboratory of Dr. Michael Laiosa, research from previous personnel had demonstrated how TCDD attenuated lymphocyte differentiation; my own research focused more specifically on how TCDD affects the energetic state of long-term hematopoietic stem cells (LT-HSCs).

Prior to this, I had many years of experience at the Medical College of Wisconsin in multiple departments including biophysics, pediatrics, and pharmacology/toxicology. My most recent posting at MCW was working for the MACC fund on projects related to immunotherapy and lysosomal storage diseases. Taken together, I have been working in research for about 15 years, of which around 10 of those were utilizing LOTS of flow cytometry. I also developed and taught a course for the undergraduate program in public health at UWM.

I am excited to be a part of the CAT facility and looking forward to meeting with, working with, and learning from, our numerous investigators, students, and post-docs. I am looking forward to working with David and the rest of the core personnel on some new directions and projects for the facility. I will do my best to be a resource for how we can best leverage our technologies and integrate them into your research projects.

Please feel free to reach out with any questions, just to say ‘Hello’, or pick my brain about any upcoming projects.

0 Comments

Submit a Comment

Search Blog

Archives