The 533rd Convocation will take place virtually on Saturday, June 13, at 9:15 a.m. This is a University-wide ceremony involving degree candidates from all divisions and schools. During the ceremony, the University President Robert J. Zimmer will confer degrees to all candidates.
The virtual University-wide ceremony will stream at convocation.uchicago.edu.
Speakers, contact information, and links to the virtual ceremonies can be found on the Virtual Ceremonies Schedule page.
Details for the College, as well as the Schools and Divisions’ individual ceremonies, can be found below. All ceremony times are Central Standard Time (CST).
- FRIDAY, JUNE 12, 2020
- 9:00 AM- The School of Social Service Administration
- 11:00 AM – The Division of the Social Sciences
- 12:30 PM – The Divinity School
- 2:00 PM – Class Day
- 4:30 PM – The Division of the Humanities
- SATURDAY, JUNE 13, 2020
- 9:15 AM – University-wide Ceremony
- 11:00 AM – The William B. and Catherine V. Graham School of Continuing Liberal and Professional Studies
- 11:00 AM – The Irving B. Harris Graduate School of Public Policy Studies
- 11:30 AM – The Law School
- 12:00 PM – The Division of the Physical Sciences
- 4:30 PM – The University of Chicago Booth School of Business
- SUNDAY, JUNE 14, 2020
- The College is proud to recognize the incredible achievements of our graduates during our College Diploma Ceremonies. A UChicago tradition, the College Diploma Ceremonies invite students to return to their residential communities to celebrate graduation with those with whom they began their academic journey. Each ceremony is presided over by a resident dean and features remarks, speeches, and the reading of the names of each graduate. This year’s virtual ceremonies will take place on Sunday, June 14, 2020, throughout the day at the times listed below. Links to each virtual ceremony, as well as speaker and contact information, can be found on the Virtual Ceremonies Schedule page.
Share your Class of 2020 memories, photos, and reflections, as we recognize your accomplishments! Use our specially designed Class of 2020 social media tools to celebrate and share your success with friends and family.