Economics in FinTech
China’s New Cash-like Digital Currency Sets the Stage for Next-Gen Financial Infrastructure. Forthcoming from OMFIF, 05/2020. Republished at Forkast News under the title What is China’s new CBDC, and what is it not?
Chinese Economy and Financial Market
Quoted in Smart Stimulus: Cash as Code, MIT Technology Review, 09/2020.
How Does Political Uncertainty Affect the Valuation of Long-Term Property Rights? Lessons From Hong Kong, with Maggie Hu, Zhenping Wang, and Vincent Yao. Promarket, 09/2020.
Testimony at U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission (USCC) hearing on “China’s Quest for Capital: Motivations, Methods, and Implications,” 01/2020.
Briefs related to COVID-19
- Post-Lockdown Economic Recovery in China: April and May with Qin Chen, Chang-Tai Hsieh, and Zheng (Michael) Song. 06/20.
- Dealing with a Liquidity Crisis: Economic and Financial Policies in China during the Coronavirus Outbreak with Bibo Liu. 05/2020.
- Post-Lockdown Economic Recovery in China with Qin Chen, Chang-Tai Hsieh, and Zheng (Michael) Song. 04/2020.
- Preliminary Estimates of Economic Effect of Lockdown in China with Chang-Tai Hsieh and Zheng (Michael) Song. 03/2020.
- Tracking the Treasury Yield Curve and Flight to Cash with Zhaogang Song. 03/2020. See also our new working paper Treasury Inconvenience Yields during the COVID-19 Crisis also with Stefan Nagel.