I have drafted my code of ethics in order to guide my fieldwork via virtual platforms (primarily interviews). In order to gather meaningful information from and establish sincere connections with my informants throughout the research process, I have drafted this code of ethics as an overarching framework to inform my interactions with stakeholders in the virtual ‘field’ and dissemination of my research findings. 

1. Approach virtual fieldwork with sensitivity and curiosity to the situation of prospective informants. Understand what the informants understand as harm and as privacy. Research should impose no harm on any individual involved. Acknowledge and recognize differences in cultural, historical, and up-bringings. Open doors for collective conversation and collaboration in order to build trust and deepen relationships.

1. Before entering the virtual ‘field’ consider best practices for conducting virtual interviews. Develop proficiency in the native language of informants* and communicate in methods to effectively facilitate conversation. 

1. During fieldwork ensure a consistent and sustained commitment to maintaining informed consent. Understand the context and circumstances while determining the most appropriate methods of obtaining consent from research. Translate consent documents into the local language. Maintain anonymity of all informants as requested. 

1. Consider the legal framework and government controls that provides (or does not provide) one with eligibility to conduct research in a specific locale. Approach information dissemination with utmost caution through providing a draft of written findings with informants before publishing/sharing publicly.

1.  Be flexible, resilient, and open to making adjustments to research methods/approaches. The research process will only be effective if all stakeholders feel respected, uplifted, and heard.