For my project, I wrote a short interactive story in Twine accompanied by some audio elements. Although I originally wanted to include two stories in my project, I ended up encountering a lot of difficulties in using Twine. I didn’t realize much work learning all the syntax would be (especially for someone with no coding experience) or how difficult it would be to include audio in the way I wanted to. Either way, I’m very happy with how my project turned out and hope you all enjoy it. This is meant to represent the sort of hierarchical structures that I encountered during my time inside of Habbo. The goal of the story is to make the reader feel uncomfortable and build a sense of pressure, as if they were being squeezed. Furthermore, I chose to write directly to the audience, while at the same time leaving them nameless, as to play with understandings of identity. I’ve also included parts of some interviews I did with my interlocutors. I hope that this story doesn’t come off too harsh. That was not the intention and I hold a lot of appreciation and respect for all my interlocutors.

Instructions for viewing project:

For some reason, the audio doesn’t work on google chrome so when you download the file open it with another browser. Just left clip and hit open with and you should see a browser that can run the file.

1. Click this link and download the fileĀ https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N9aGivcHkdyr_K37xG5asHEH6am_ZCJj/view?usp=sharing
  2. Left-click and hit open with
  3. Open with a browser (not chrome)