As I explained in class, the project looks at private, offline interactions surrounding public, online posts, framed around the idea of understanding social media lurkers. Based on the suggestions in class and in the comments, I decided to focus on the presentation of my existing interviews rather than expanding to more interviews–I worked to make the experience more interactive, letting people choose which sections to listen to further based on what interests them. As a result, it can be a very brief experience or a much longer one, depending on what viewers decide to focus on. I also included several of the “third things” that Deimy and Sebastian talked about, most notably excerpts from the readings that they discussed. In part, this was to put viewers in the position of my informants, both in that viewers themselves get a shared experience of seeing these texts/tweets/locations, and because the experience of viewing the project replicates the experience of lurking on social media.

Here it is (some browsers might have a bit of an audio delay… I suggest using Chrome if possible): https://theletterfifteen.itch.io/lurking