Faazal Rehman, who will become a first year resident in July 2022, was awarded the ASLAP Veterinary Student Award. The VSAP is intended to increase awareness of the practice of laboratory animal medicine by recognizing five current senior veterinary students who have...
Jenna Schoenberger, VMD, currently a third year resident, will become faculty at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas, when she graduates our program. She will be a clinical veterinarian and assistant professor in the Department of Veterinary Medicine and...
Faazal Rehman received his B.S. from The George Washington University, and then spent over 7 years working at the National Institutes of Health conducting government biotechnology research. His areas of focus include inflammatory immunology, addiction biology, rodent...
Resident Research Projects
- Comparing Mouse Health Monitoring Between Soiled-bedding Sentinel and Exhaust Air Dust Surveillance Programs
- Synthetic CRISPR/Cas9 Reagents Facilitate Genome Editing and Homology Directed Repair
- Long-term Effects of Sulfadiazine-Trimethoprim Medicated Diet on Cardiac Function, Hematology, and Weight Gain in Hsd:ICR (CD1) and Tac:SW Mice
- Evaluation of Pain and Distress and Therapeutic Interventions for Rectal Prolapse in Mice to Reduce Early Study Removal
- Implications of Laboratory Mouse Trap Preference on Your Vivarium Pest Control Program
- The Effect of Noise, Vibration, and Light Disturbances from Daily Health Checks on Breeding Performance, Nest Building, and Corticosterone in Mice
- Analyzing Hair Cortisol, Urinalysis, and Hematology in Fluid-Restricted Rhesus Macaques to Assess Welfare
Darya Mailhiot, DVM, DACLAM
Clinical Veterinarian, Animal Resources Center
Assistant Professor, Department of Surgery
The University of Chicago
Nicole Pach, MS, DVM
Cara Mitchell, DVM
Attending Veterinarian and Manager of Animal Care and Use