Nursing Care for Neurocritical Care Patients
Nursing Care for Neurocritical Care Patients is geared toward, but not limited to, nurses that work in critical care, cardiology, stroke and emergency units.
Introduce participants to the most frequent diseases neurocritical care patients suffer with a focus on the care necessary to each, as well as review care during necessary procedures.
The course is completely online and in Spanish. Each presentation is lectured by a subject area expert. The course can be accessed at any time, according to the availability of the participants and until the end date of the course.The time commitment is an estimated 4-6 hours a week. The topics covered are divided into five modules:
- Neuroanatomy: Functional and vascular neuroanatomy
- Neuromonitoring: Neurological evaluation, Neuroimaging, Intracraneal pressure monitoring, and External ventricular derivation
- Neurovascular Pathology: Ischemic cerebrovascular accident, Aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage, and Spontaneous intracerebral hemorrhage
- Neurotrauma: Traumatic encephalopathy, Raquimedular trauma
- Conscious: Coma and sensory deterioration, Convulsions, Brain death, Role of nurses in communication with family
Each module includes supplemental reading options in Spanish and/or English, and a discussion forum. There is a final exam at the end of the course.
Participants will also have periodic webinars with faculty.
Accessing the Course
Once the course begins, each participant can enter the online course using the website address that is emailed to them after registration. The online format allows participants to make use of all resources until the end of the course without a time limit and as many times as desired.
Each participant must pass a final multiple choice exam.
Certificate of Completion
Certificate of Completion granted by the University of Chicago Biological Sciences Division.
Free. Participants who want to receive a certificate will be charged $20 US.
The course can be finished in as little as a month.
Registration Now Open
Registration is now open through June 15, 2022.