Alumni Relations and Development Advance Your Career

Talent Pipeline Programs

Council for Advancement & Support of Education (CASE) 

• CASE is a global nonprofit association dedicated to professionals in educational advancement who share a passion for using education to transform lives and society. To act as a catalyst for this, CASE inspires, challenges, and equips communities of professionals to work effectively and ethically to support the educational missions of their institutions.
  • The University of Chicago has partnered with the University of Chicago since 2016 and has hosted 6 intern cohorts.

Noble Charter Schools 

• Noble Schools serve over 12,700 students across 18 campuses in Chicago and support more than 20,000 alumni. Their schools are tuition-free, public charter schools open to any student that lives in the City of Chicago. 
  • The University of Chicago has partnered with Noble Charter Schools since 2021 and has hosted 1 extern cohort. 

CASE Advancement Internship Program (AIP)

2022 Cohort 

Kelsey Brown

Kelsey Brown

“I had the amazing opportunity to work with the ARD office this summer, and I learned so much about the field of higher education advancement through this work. I especially appreciated how I was able to sit in on important discussions regarding how to provide support to the greater Chicago community through stewardship. Being able to take part in this showed me the importance of understanding fundraising fundamentals not only in the community-centered work I plan to pursue in the future, but any career one might choose to pursue.”

Anna-Maria Nuryasin

Anna-Maria Nuryasin

“Networking with various people in advancement has made me realize that there are many pathways that can lead you to this career and that everyone’s role contributes to reaching the set-out goals. I am thankful for spending my 8 weeks here and cannot wait to apply the skills that I now have in my next chapter. I also look forward to reconnecting with those that I have built relationships with in the future.”

2021 Cohort 

Sydney Perez

Sydney Perez

“The University of Chicago’s Alumni Relations and Development Internship prepared me professionally by exposing me to the multi-faceted aspects of philanthropy in the non-profit organization sector. This internship also allowed me to network with other professionals and build my professional skills, which has provided me with the knowledge and skills needed that I use to this day in my current role.”

Ushna Zamir

Ushna Zamir

“During my time in the CASE Internship Program, I picked up countless skills that I’m already putting to the test in current roles. These include, but are not limited to: advancing my knowledge on excel formulas and shortcuts, analyzing data to determine recommendations, delivering information through concise infographics, and many more. However, the most influential portion of my internship experience was meeting a wide array of advancement colleagues who genuinely care about your success and development.”

2017 Cohort 

Sam Shain

Sam Shain

“Participating in the CASE Advancement Internship Program in 2017 was vital in developing my understanding of higher education philanthropy as well as stakeholder management and engagement. I feel incredibly fortunate to have had the chance to create meaningful impact with the University of Chicago’s alumni relations, advancement services, communications and marketing, fundraising and development teams.”

Noble Charter Schools Externship

2021 Cohort 

Andrea Aguilera

Andrea Aguilera

“I am grateful to have had the opportunity to complete an externship with the ARD team. Not only was I introduced to a new career choice, but I was also heavily supported by amazing staff. I gained an appreciation for Advancement, while simultaneously gaining confidence in myself as a student and as a professional.”

Scroll to Top