APPLICATION TO THE IRACDA is a competitive process and includes: i) an online application form; ii) a CV including publications; iii) a personal statement which includes postdoc research and career goals, why practical teaching experiences is important to those goals and why the UChicago IRACDA would be an important step in the postdoc’s career; iv) two letters of recommendation, including one from a current mentor, that both focus on the postdoc’s potential for an academic career. Applications are now being accepted with a deadline of February 1. Funding starts Aug. 1, 2023.
Application form: https://redcap.uchicago.edu/surveys/?s=7YWK43YAYRHADXYM
Faculty Letter of Recommendation submission form (please send this link to your recommenders): https://redcap.uchicago.edu/surveys/?s=KXMWT9JPDWEHEMME
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- PhD should be awarded by September of the year prior to starting in the IRACDA Program as to be ready for an August 1 appointment. Candidates should be early in their postdoctoral stage, with no more than 2 years since the date of their doctoral degree.
- Applicants should have a demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusion and equity.
- Candidates must be committed to teaching the next generation of biomedical researchers, and to the biomedical research enterprise.
- Candidates from groups underrepresented in the sciences are encouraged to apply (see: https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-20-031.html).