The BSD Imaging Research Initiative (IRI) is an intellectual home for imaging scientists and for biomedical investigators who utilize imaging approaches in their research. The infrastructure of the IRI serves to integrate and coordinate imaging-based research in order to incubate innovative research in imaging science and support groundbreaking biological research. Our mission:
- To develop innovative and leading-edge biomedical imaging science and technology
- To accelerate advances in the biomedical sciences through the use of novel imaging science and technology
- To foster synergy and collaboration among imaging scientists and biomedical researchers
- To create new knowledge at the interface of imaging and biomedical disciplines – including bench to bedside, and bedside to bench
- To provide a full spectrum of research resources from animal and human imaging facilities to quantitative imaging analysis tools
- To support the training of future generations of imaging scientists and biomedical scientists in a unique environment of interdisciplinary education in both imaging and biomedical research
Latest News and Announcements
Dr. Karczmar’s Survivorship and Early Cancer Screening Advocacy Featured in Forefront and Chicago Tribune
Dr. Gregory Karczmar, is featured in The Forefront, detailing his personal story and advocacy for early cancer screening. Dr. Karczmar, has dedicated much of his career to developing better and more affordable screening methods for early detection of breast and...
The George Schulz Innovation Fund of the Polsky Center has selected QMIS to be awarded up to $200,000 for its novel MRI software for prostate cancer detection that creates a heat map of potential cancer. The tool utilizes new research in image acquisition and...
Each year, we look forward to attending the annual RSNA meeting. We are excited to share the fruits of what we've learned over the last year, and learn from our esteemed colleagues who will also be in attendance. Below is the list of scientific and education...