The BSD Imaging Research Initiative (IRI) is an intellectual home for imaging scientists and for biomedical investigators who utilize imaging approaches in their research. The infrastructure of the IRI serves to integrate and coordinate imaging-based research in order to incubate innovative research in imaging science and support groundbreaking biological research. Our mission:
- To develop innovative and leading-edge biomedical imaging science and technology
- To accelerate advances in the biomedical sciences through the use of novel imaging science and technology
- To foster synergy and collaboration among imaging scientists and biomedical researchers
- To create new knowledge at the interface of imaging and biomedical disciplines – including bench to bedside, and bedside to bench
- To provide a full spectrum of research resources from animal and human imaging facilities to quantitative imaging analysis tools
- To support the training of future generations of imaging scientists and biomedical scientists in a unique environment of interdisciplinary education in both imaging and biomedical research
Latest News and Announcements
Congratulations to Dr. Giger on the recent acquisition of QuantX, by biotech incubator Paragon Biosciences. QuantX is an FDA-cleared artificially intelligent diagnostic tool, which aims to help radiologists accurately identify breast cancer in patients. Quantitative...
The HIRO has published a new journal article! The article highlights challenges to the management of clinical trial imaging, and includes several recommendations to tackle these issues industry-wide. The article, titled "Critical Challenges to the Management of...
We are excited to announce that Dr. Maryellen Giger has been nominated and elected to be a Fellow of the International Academy of Medical and Biological Engineering (IAMBE). With this election, Dr. Giger is being recognized for her distinguished contributions to and...