Welcome to the new blog for the Poetry & Poetics Workshop. This blog will serve as a hub for announcements as well as for pre-circulated workshop papers.
All Poetry & Poetics Workshops will take place Mondays at 4:30pm-6:00pm in Rosenwald 405 unless otherwise noted.
Papers will be posted to the blog approximately one week in advance of the workshop and should be read beforehand. Notice of posted papers will be sent to the Poetics listserv.
For more information, or to be added to the Poetics listserv, please contact Joel Calahan.
Fall 2009 Poetry & Poetics Workshop Schedule
- October 12 | Alison James | Department of Romance Languages & Literatures
on Jacques Roubaud
- October 26 | Michael Hansen | Department of English
“English Elegy and the Eighteenth-Century Sonnet Revival”
- November 9 | Lisa Barca | Department of Romance Languages & Literatures
chapter from dissertation titled “Divine Eclipse and the Lineaments of Poetic Modernism”
(Dickinson, Pascoli, Rilke, Montale)
- November 23 | Boris Maslov | Department of Comparative Literature
“Pindaric Temporality in German and Russian Romanticism”
- December 7 | Joshua Adams | Department of Comparative Literature
“Dickinson and Doubt”