“BUILDING BOLD INNOVATIVE PARTNERSHIPS TO PREVENT AND REDUCE STIS/HIV AMONG YOUTH”
November 8, 2013, 9 am – 4 pm
Registration and Continental Breakfast begins at 8:30 am
The Gary Comer Youth Center
7200 S. Ingleside Avenue, Chicago, IL 60619
“Social Drivers of STI/HIV Infections Among Youth”
Judith D. Auerbach, PhD
Adjunct Professor, University of California, San Francisco
Open to the public and free of charge; lunch will be provided.
Registration is required, click here to register
For any questions, please call 773-702-9700 for more information or check this webpage for updates.
Persons with a disability who may require special assistance should call 773.702.9700 by November 1.
Access Community Health Network
The Center for the Study of Race, Politics, and Culture at the University of Chicago
The Chicago Center for HIV Elimination
The Gary Comer Youth Center
The University of Chicago Medicine Urban Health Initiative
The UChicago SSA Center for Health Administration Studies
The University of Chicago Urban Network
AGENDA and SPEAKER LIST
8:00 – 9:00 Check-in
8:30 Light breakfast
9:00 – 9:15 am Welcome: Greg Mooney, MBA, Executive Director, Comer Science & Education Foundation/Gary Comer Youth Center
9:15 – 10:15 am Panel 1: Youth and Community Violence
Moderator: Dexter Voisin, PhD, Professor, University of Chicago School of Social Service Administration (SSA)
- Nanette Benbow, MAS, Deputy Commissioner for HIV and STI Services, Chicago Department of Public Health;
- Danny Davis, PhD, U.S. Representative for the 7thCongressional District of Illinois;
- Mariame Kaba, Director Project NIA;
- Cathy Krieger, AM ‘79, MBA ’91 (Booth), President and CEO, The Children’s Place Association;
- Alfonza Wysinger, First Deputy Superintendent, Chicago Police Department.
10:20 – 11:20 am Panel 2: Youth and Mental Health
Moderator: Alida Bouris, PhD, Assistant Professor, University of Chicago SSA
- Felicia Davis, Executive Director of the Mayor’s Office of Public Engagement
- Deborah Gorman-Smith, PhD, Professor, Principal Investigator and Director of the Chicago Center for Youth Violence Prevention, University of Chicago SSA;
- Matt Richards, Manager of Community Programs and Prevention, Care2Prevent, University of Chicago Medicine;
- Suzanne Snyder, AM ‘87, MDiv, LCSW, Behavioral Health Consultant, Access Community Health Network.
11:25 am – 12:25 pm Panel 3: New Media
Moderator: John Schneider, MD, Assistant Professor, University of Chicago, Departments of Health Studies and Medicine, Director, Global Health Programs
- Seed Lynn, Ci3, University of Chicago;
- Rod McCullom, Writer, Producer, Broadcaster;
- Robin Robinson, Fox Chicago News Anchor;
- Tim’m West, Spoken Word Artist/AIDS Activist; Director of Youth Programs at Center On Halsted.
12:25 – 1:15 pm Lunch
1:15 – 2:15 pm Panel 4: Adapting Evidenced-based Interventions for Youth
Moderator: Kischa Hampton, MSW, Director, Preventive & Behavioral Health, Access Community Health Network
- Monica Longmire, MHA, Supervisor, Preventive & Behavioral Health, Access Community Health Network;
- Harold Pollack, PhD, Helen Ross Professor, University of Chicago SSA; University of Chicago Crime Lab, B.A.M. (Becoming a Man);
- Pastor Chris Harris, CEO and Founder, Bright Star Community Outreach;
- Keith Green, MSW, SSA Doctoral student; Chair, Chicago Black Gay Men’s Caucus.
2:15 – 2:20 pm Introduction of Keynote Speaker: John Schneider, MD
2:20 – 3:15 pm Keynote speaker: Judy Auerbach, PhD, Adjunct Professor, University of California, San Francisco “Social Drivers of STI/HIV Infections Among Youth”
3:15 pm Closing Remarks: Dexter Voisin, PhD
3:15 – 4:00 pm Performance: Tim’m West
4:00 – 4:40 pm Closing Ceremony: South Shore Drill Team