To improve health outcomes for patients receiving primary care at the University of Chicago by increasing access to behavioral health care and implementing sustainable innovative programs for behavioral health screening and management.
Who We Are
We are general internists, health psychologists, psychiatrists, and mental health researchers who meet biweekly to brainstorm and solve issues related to primary care-behavioral health integration.
What We Do
- Innovations to increase integrated primary care-behavioral health care
- Resources for primary care providers to provide evidence-based mental health care
- Expert consultations on primary care-behavioral health integration and CMS quality requirements for UCM
- Collaboration with UCM health information technology to implement electronic health record protocols to improve quality of mental health care
- Solutions to problems related to access to behavioral health care for patients at UCM
- Advocacy for increased access to mental health resources