2018 - 2019 Faculty Diversity Career Advancement Grant
The Faculty Diversity Career Advancement Grant is designed for BSD faculty members (SOM or BSD track) whose background and life experiences enhance the diversity of the Biological Sciences Division. Diversity is defined broadly, candidates are asked to include a diversity statement with the application describing their background or past experiences and how these contribute to diversity in the BSD.
Proposals are due the third Friday of each month from October – March.
Check out our other grants program here.
Applicants must not have received a Faculty Diversity Career Advancement Grant within the last 12 months.
Track I: Professional Development – Up to $2,000
Track II: Research – Up to $5,000
*If the proposed work requires IRB approval or exemption, provide documentation.
- October 19
- November 16
- December 21
- January 18
- February 15
- March 15
What we do not fund: Tuition, faculty salaries, recuperation of clinical revenue, implementation of clinical guidelines, equipment (including computers and clinical supplies), or activities that have occurred in the past.
If you are unclear whether your proposal falls within the guidelines, please email the BSD’s Office of Diversity & Inclusion for clarification at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proposal and Budget (2 page limit)
- What are you requesting funds for?
- Timeframe: when will the activity or research occur?
- Describe how this funding will advance your scholarship or enhance your career development.
- For Track I – Professional Development proposals: What are your goals and objectives and how will you measure success?
- For Track II – Research proposals: Describe your hypothesis, specific aims and research approach. This must be written for a lay audience as those outside your field will review the application. Show precision, depth, readability, relatability, and why it is important.
If you have previously sought funding for research in this area you may upload that grant application or proposal in the “supplemental materials” section of the online application.
- For conference presentations: include the link to the conference and confirmation of acceptance (candidates may apply if not yet accepted; funds are dispersed with proof of acceptance).
- Other sources of support secured, if applicable (departmental support, grant support, start-up funding, etc.)