33. Ludwig, LM, Hawley, KM, Banks, D, Thomas-Toth, A, Blazar, BR, McNerney, ME, Leverson, JD, and LaBelle, JL. (2021) Venetoclax imparts distinct cell death sensitivity and adaptivity patterns in T cells. Cell Death & Disease. In press.
32. Imgruet, MK, Lutze, J, An, N, Hu, B, Khan, S, Kurkewich, J, Martinez, TC, Wolfgeher, D, Gurbuxani, S, Kron, S, and McNerney, ME. (2021) Loss of a 7q gene, CUX1, disrupts epigenetically driven DNA repair and causes therapy-related myeloid neoplasms. Blood. 138:790–805. t-mn.pdf
- Commentary: The crux of Cux1 in myeloid neoplasms. Majewski, IJ (2021) Blood. 38:743–744.
- Featured on the cover.
31. Stoddart, A, Wang, J, Fernald, AA, Davis, EM, Johnson, CR, Hu, C, Cheng, JX, McNerney, ME, and Le Beau, MM. (2020) Cytotoxic therapy-induced effects on both hematopoietic and marrow stromal cells promotes therapy-related myeloid neoplasms. Blood Cancer Discovery. DOI: 10.1158/2643-3230.BCD-19-0028 BloodDisc.pdf
30. Cahill, KE,*, Karimi, YH,* Karrison, TG, Jain, N, Green, M, Weiner, H, Fulton, N, Kadri, S Godley, LA, Artz, AS, Liu, H, Thirman, MJ, Le Beau, MM, McNerney, ME, Segal, J, Larson, RA, Stock, W, and Odenike, O. (2020) A phase I study of azacitidine with high-dose cytarabine and mitoxantrone in high-risk acute myeloid leukemia. Blood Advances. 4:599-606. * These authors contributed equally to this work. Aza.pdf
28. An, N, Khan, S, Imgruet, M, Gurbuxani, Konecki, SN, S, Burgess, M, and McNerney, ME (2018) Gene dosage effect of CUX1 in a murine model disrupts HSC homeostasis and controls the severity and mortality of MDS. Blood. 131:2682-2697. Blood2018.pdf
- Featured on the cover.
27. Kang, W*, Kadri, S*, Puranik, R, Wurst, MN, Patil, SA, Mujacic, I, Benhamed, S, Niu, N, Zhen, CJ, Ameti, B, Long, BC, Galbo, F, Montes, D, Iracheta, C, Gamboa, VL, Lopez, D, Yourshaw, M, Lawrence, CA, Aisner, DL, Fitzpatrick, C, McNerney, ME, Wang, YL, Andrade, J, Volchenboum, SL, Furtado, LV, Ritterhouse, LL, Segal, JP (2018) System for Informatics in the Molecular Pathology Laboratory (SIMPL): an open-source end-to-end solution for next generation sequencing (NGS) clinical data management. Journal of Molecular Diagnostics. 20:522-532. *Authors contributed equally. SIMPL.pdf
25. Arthur, R*, An, N*, Khan, S, and McNerney, ME (2017) The haploinsufficient tumor suppressor, CUX1, is an analog transcriptional regulator that controls target genes through distal enhancers that loop to target promoters. Nucleic Acids Research. 45:6350-61. *Authors contributed equally. NAR2017.pdf
24. Stricker, TP, Brown, CD, Bandlamudi, C, McNerney, ME, Kittler, R, Montoya, Peterson, A, S, Grossman, R, White, KP (2017) Robust stratification of breast cancer subtypes using differential patterns of transcript isoform expression. PLOS Genetics. 13:e1006589. PLOS.pdf
23. Kadri, S, Long, BC Mujacic, Zhen, ICJ, Wurst, MN, Sharma, S, McDonald, N, Niu, N, Tuteja, J, Seiwert, T, White, K, McNerney, ME, Fitzpatrick, Wang, CY, Furtado, LV, Segal, JP (2017) Clinical validation of a next generation sequencing genomic oncology panel via cross-platform benchmarking against established amplicon sequencing assays. The Journal of Molecular Diagnostics, 19:43-56. Kadri.pdf
22. Stoddart, A, Qian, Z, Fernald, AA, Bergerson, RJ, Wang, J, Karrison, T, Anastasi, J, Bartom, ET, Sarver, AL, Wolff, L, McNerney, ME, Largaespada, DA, and Le Beau, MM (2016) Retroviral insertional mutagenesis identifies the del(5q) genes, CXXC5, TIFAB and ETF1, as well as the Wnt pathway, as potential targets in del(5q) myeloid neoplasms. Haematologica, 101:e232-6. Haem.pdf
21. Zhao, Z, Chen, C, Rillahan, CD, Shen, R, Kitzing, T, McNerney, ME, Diaz-Flores, E, Zuber, J, Shannon, KM, Le Beau, MM, Spector, MS, Kogan, SC, and Lowe, SW. (2015) Cooperative loss of RAS feedback regulation drives myeloid leukemogenesis. Nature Genetics. 47:539-43. NatGen.pdf
20. Voce, D, Schmitt, A, Uppal, A, McNerney, ME, Wahlstrom, J, Bernal, G, Nasiri, A, Yu, X, Crawley, C, White, KP, Weichselbaum, R, and Yamini, B. (2015) NF-kB1 is a haploinsufficient, DNA damage-specific tumor suppressor protein. Oncogene. 34:2807-13. Oncogene.pdf
19. McNerney, ME, Brown, CD, Peterson, AL, Banerjee, M, Larson, RA, Anastasi, J, Le Beau, MM, and White, KP. (2014) The spectrum of somatic mutations in high-risk acute myeloid leukemia. British Journal of Haematology. 166:550-556. BJH.pdf
18. Wang, X*, Fu, AQ*, McNerney, ME, and White, KP. (2014) A quantitative epistasis map of cancer genes reveals an association between genetic interaction and patient survival. Nature Communications. 5:4828. *Authors contributed equally. NatCom.pdf
- Research Highlight: Leveraging functional data for driver genes. Burgess, DJ. (2015) Nature Reviews Genetics. 161:4-5.
17. Heath, AP, Greenway, M, Powell, R, Spring, J, Suarez, R, Hanley, D, Bandlamudi, C, McNerney, ME, White, KP, and Grossman, RL (2014) Bionimbus: A cloud for managing, analyzing and sharing large genomics datasets. Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association. 0:1-7. Bionimbus.pdf
16. McNerney ME†, Brown, CD, Wang, X, Bartom, ET, Karmakar, S, Bandlamudi, C, Yu, S, Ko, J, Sandall, BP, Stricker, T, Anastasi, J, Grossman, RL, Cunningham, JM, Le Beau, MM, and White, KP†. (2013) CUX1 is a haploinsufficient tumor suppressor gene on chromosome 7 frequently inactivated in acute myeloid leukemia. Blood. 121:975-983. †Co-corresponding author. Blood2013.pdf
- Commentary: Inside Blood – CUX1 in leukemia: dosage matters. Boultwood, J. (2013) Blood. 121:869-871.
- Featured on the cover.
15. Xu, J, Haigis, K, Firestone, AJ, McNerney, ME, Li, Q, Davis, E, Chen, SC, Nakitandwe, J., Downing, J, Jacks, T, Le Beau, MM, Shannon, K. (2013) Dominant Role of Oncogene Dosage and Absence of Tumor Suppressor Activity in Nras-Driven Hematopoietic Transformation. Cancer Discovery. 3:993-1001. CanDis.pdf
14. Braegelmann, J, Dinali, M, Stricker, S, Brown, C, Zuo, Z, Khattri, A, Keck, McNerney, ME, Longnecker, R, Beiging, K, Domanus, M, Alexander, K, Salgia, R, Lingen, M, Vokes, E, Cohen, E, White, K, Seiwert, T (2013) No evidence of viral genetic material in digital subtraction RNA-seq analysis of oral tongue cancers from non-smokers/non-drinkers. Oral Oncology. 49(6):525-33. Oral.pdf
13. Stoddart, A, McNerney, ME, Bartom, E, Bergerson, R, Young, DJ, Qian, Z, Wang, J, Fernald, AA, Davis, EM, Larson, RA, White, KP, Le Beau, MM. (2011) Genetic pathways leading to therapy-related myeloid neoplasms. Mediterranean Journal of Hematology and Infectious Diseases. 3:e2011019. Med.pdf
12. Godley, LA, John Cunningham, J, Eileen Dolan, ME, Stephanie Huang, RS, Gurbuxani, S, McNerney, ME, Larson, RA, Leong, H, Lussier, Y, Onel, K, Odenike, O, Stock, W, Kevin White, K, and Le Beau, MM. (2011) An integrated genomic approach to the assessment and treatment of acute myeloid leukemia. Seminars in Oncology. 38:215-224. Sem.pdf
11. McNerney, ME, Baron, BW, Volchenboum, SL, Papari, M, Keith, M, Williams, K, and Richa, E. (2010) Development of warm auto- and alloantibodies in a three year-old boy with sickle cell hemoglobinopathy following his first transfusion of a single unit of red blood cells. Blood Transfusion. 8:126-128. Case.pdf
10. Alegre, ML and McNerney, ME. (2007) NK cell subsets in allograft rejection and tolerance. Current Opinion in Organ Transplantation. 12:10-16.
9. McNerney, ME*, Lee, KM*, Zhou, P*, Molinero, L, Mashayekhi, M, Guzior, D, Sattar, H, Kuppireddi, S, Wang, CR, Kumar, V, and Alegre, ML. (2006) Role of natural killer cell subsets in cardiac allograft rejection. American Journal of Transplantation. 6:505-513. *Authors contributed equally. AJT.pdf
8. Lee, KM*, Forman, J*, McNerney, ME*, Stepp, S, Kuppireddi, S, Guzior, D, Latchman, YE, Sayegh, MH, Yagita, H, Park, CK, Oh, SB, Wulfing, C, Schatzle, J, Mathew, PA, Sharpe, AH, and Kumar, V. (2006) Requirement of homotypic NK cell interactions through 2B4(CD244)/CD48 in the generation of NK effector functions. Blood. 107:3181-3188. *Authors contributed equally. Blood2006.pdf
7. McNerney, ME and Kumar, V. (2006) The CD2 family of NK cell receptors. Colonna, M and Vivier, E eds. Current Topics in Microbiology and Immunology. 298:91-120.
6. McNerney, ME†, Guzior, D, and Kumar, V. (2005) 2B4 (CD244) – CD48 interactions provide a novel MHC class I-independent system for NK cell self-tolerance in mice. Blood. 106:1337–1340. †Corresponding author. Blood2005.pdf
- Research Highlights: Natural killer cells – maintaining tolerance. Bell, E. (2005) Nature Reviews Immunology. 5:432.
4. McNerney, ME†, Lee KM, and Kumar, V. (2005) 2B4 (CD244) is a non-MHC binding receptor with multiple functions on natural killer cells and CD8+ T cells. Molecular Immunology. 42:489-494. †Corresponding author. MolImm.pdf
3. Vaidya SV, Stepp SE, McNerney ME, Lee JK, Bennett M, Lee KM, Stewart CL, Kumar V, Mathew PA. (2005) Targeted disruption of the 2B4 gene in mice reveals an in vivo role of 2B4 (CD244) in the rejection of B16 melanoma cells. Journal of Immunology. 174:800-807. JI2005.pdf
2. Lee, KM*, McNerney, ME*, Stepp, SE, Mathew, PA, Schatzle, JD, Bennett, M, and Kumar, V. (2004) 2B4 acts as a non-MHC binding inhibitory receptor on mouse NK cells. Journal of Experimental Medicine. 199:1245-1254. *Authors contributed equally. JEM2004.pdf
- Commentary: SLAM family receptors regulate immunity with and without SAP-related adaptors. Veillette, A. (2004) Journal of Experimental Medicine. 199:1175-1178.
- Editor’s Choice: Seeking alternative pathways. Simpson, SJ. (2004) Science. 304:1079b.
1. Yi, Y, McNerney, M, and Datta, SK. (2000) Regulatory defects in Cbl and Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase (Extracellular Signal-Related Kinase) pathways cause persistent hyperexpression of CD40 Ligand in human lupus T cells. Journal of Immunology 165: 6627-6634. CD40.pdf
McNerney, ME, Rosenberg, A, and Le Beau, MM. Chapter 8: Chromosomal aberrations in human cancer. Holland-Frei Cancer Medicine, 10th edition. (2021) Edited by Bast, RC, Croce, CM, Hait, W., Hon, WK, Kufe, DW, Pollock, RE, Weicheselbaum, RR, and Holland, JF. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken NJ.
Vanderweele, D, McNerney, ME, and Le Beau, MM. Chapter 8: Chromosomal aberrations in human cancer. Holland-Frei Cancer Medicine, 9th edition. (2015) Edited by Bast, RC, Croce, CM, Hait, W., Hon, WK, Kufe, DW, Pollock, RE, Weicheselbaum, RR, and Holland, JF. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken NJ.