We are looking for an outstanding Staff Scientist to join our laboratory research team. This individual will:
- Plan, execute, facilitate and promote advanced technical/scientific research projects.
- Recognize the need for innovation and develop or incorporate advances in research concepts, methodologies and approaches.
- Design, develop and test new equipment, instruments, reagents, and/or experimental protocols for research (including hardware, software, statistical methods, etc.).
- Collaborate with other researchers as appropriate.
- Participate in the preparation and writing of grant applications and reports, and (co-)author scientific research manuscripts .
- Supervise and train other research staff including undergraduates, graduate students and postdoctoral fellows.
- Present work at scientific meetings, and provide peer review of grant applications and scientific manuscripts.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Ph.D. degree in tumor immunology or cancer biology preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to work with murine cancer models
- Strong publication record in peer reviewed journals
- Ability to work independently and in an interdisciplinary team, managing multiple tasks and supervising/training junior members of the laboratory
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. Interested candidates should send their curriculum vitae, a description of their scientific interests, and the names and contact information of three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is available for immediate hire.