Welcome back from winter break! We are pleased to announce the Winter 2010 schedule for the Poetry & Poetics Workshop.
Again, all Poetry & Poetics Workshops will take place Mondays at 4:30pm-6:00pm in Rosenwald 405 unless otherwise noted.
For more information, or to be added to the Poetics listserv, please contact Joel Calahan.
Winter 2010 Poetry & Poetics Workshop Schedule
- January 11 | Billy Junker | Department of English and the Committee on Social Thought
NB: special time of 5:00 PM-6:30 PM; co-presented with the Renaissance Workshop
- January 25 | David Simpson | Department of English, University of California-Davis
“Poetry with Small Print: The Romantic Epic”
Note special location: Classics 110, 4:30 PM
co-presented with the Eighteenth and Nineteenth Century Cultures Workshop
- January 29 | Monika Rinck, Christian Hawkey and Uljana Wolf
a discussion on contemporary German poetry and translation
Note special time and location: Social Sciences Tea Room, Friday, January 29, 1:00 PM
co-sponsored by the Poetry & Poetics Workshop with Chicago Review and the Goethe-Institute Chicago
- February 1 | Jon Geltner | Department of English
“Genre, Geography and Visionary Poetics in the Life and Work of Kenneth White”
- February 15 | Stephanie Anderson | Department of English
“Typewriter and Text: Reading Materiality in Ted Berrigan’s The Sonnets“
- March 1 | Keith Tuma | Department of English, Miami University of Ohio
on Trevor Joyce and Stephen Rodefer