*Wednesday, March 30, 5-6:30 pm: Katerina Capkova, “Kehile or Club? Being Jewish in Communist Poland and Czechoslovakia” (224 SSD [John Hope Franklin room], co-sponsored with Modern Europe workshop)
Monday, June 6: Closing Dinner
Buber’s I-Thou Philosophy in Buddhism and Taoism
A talk by Toshihiro Horikawa (Kyoto University / University of Heidelberg)
Schedule, Autumn Quarter, 2015
*Please allow for minor changes resulting from unforeseen circumstances
- Tuesday, October 6, 7-8:30: Opening Dinner
Please RSVP with either Anna Band (email@example.com) or Yiftach Ofek (firstname.lastname@example.org) for address.
- Sunday-Monday, October 18-19: Conference – Martin Buber: Philosopher of Dialogue (The Spertus Institute with the University of Chicago Divinity School)
In commemoration of the fiftieth anniversary of Martin Buber’s death, this two-day conference brings together leading scholars from around the country to generate new questions and reflections at the heart of Buber’s thought. See more at http://divinity.uchicago.edu/martin-buber-philosopher-dialogue
- Tuesday, October 20, 4:30-6: Toshihiro Horikawa (Kyoto University / Uni. Heidelberg), “Buber’s I-Thou philosophy in Buddhism and Taoism”, Stuart Hall 104 (Co-Sponsored with the Philosophy of Religion Workshop)
- Monday, October 26: Mid-Western Inter-University Workshop in Jewish Studies (MIUWJS). More details to follow.
- Tuesday, November 3, 4:30-6: Chelsie May (PhD Student, NELC), “Levantinism, Youth Aliyah and The Image of Jacqueline Kahanoff: The Authorship of RAMAT-HADASSAH-SZOLD: YOUTH ALIYAH AND CLASSICATION CENTRE” (Location TBD)
- Tuesday, November 17, 4:30-6: David Cohen (MA Student, Divinity School), Subject TBD (Location TBD)
- Monday, November 30, 4:30-6: Erik Dreff (PhD Candidate, Divinity School), “Medieval Jewish Sources for Spinoza’s Concept of the Intellectual Love of God: A Reconsideration” (Location TBD)
- Tuesday, December 1, 7-8:30: David Frankel (PhD Student, Divinity School), “Saadia Gaon 101” (with UChicago 101’s), (at the Disciples Divinity House)