The Guardian recently interviewed Professor Berman on the critiques of Melania Trump’s White House holiday decorations, the red Christmas trees. He indicated that although the “low-level fractal structure in things” is still in the trees, “the color is completely artificial – so everybody knows it’s artificial”, which could be one of the reasons why the red Christmas trees are jarring for the human psyche. To read more, click here.
- Marc Berman awarded APS Janet Taylor Spence Award for Transformative Early Career Contributions
- Professor Berman was interviewed by The Guardian
- Professor Berman and Ph.D. student Kate Schertz win first place and grand prize in UChicago’s App Challenge with their app, ReTUNE, which will create more restorative pedestrian experiences
- Podcast: How trees make people happier and healthier
- Professors Talen and Berman connect urban planning and environmental neuropsychology while discussing current issues of city life