Select Page

Annual Student Training Requirement FAQs

The University prohibits discrimination and unlawful harassment, including sexual misconduct. Taking actions necessary to prevent, correct, and, where indicated, discipline this behavior is integral to our commitment to all members of the University community. To this end, the University has partnered with EverFi to develop an online, self-paced interactive course called “Sexual Assault Prevention.”

What if I have experienced something previously that might trigger strong feelings for me during this course?

For some students, taking this course may trigger strong feelings related to past experiences. If this is the case for you, please fill out this form for accommodations.

I'm experiencing technical difficulties, what should I do?

We are unaware of any widespread technical concerns at this time. Most students are completing the modules without issue. Please contact support.everfi.com for further assistance. You may want to try again using the below technical considerations:

• You will need Internet access and audio capabilities.
  • To avoid technical issues, please use any major web browser (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome) released within the previous two years.
  • Clear all caches.

The training is not mobile device friendly, so accessing from a tablet or above is recommended. Should you experience problems, technical support is available 24/7 and can be accessed from the “Help” link within the course or by visiting support.everfi.com.

How can I request a reasonable accommodation to complete the online course?

If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete the online course, please contact the Office for Sexual Misconduct Prevention and Support by email at titleix@uchicago.edu.

I think I have completed the training, but I still have outstanding “parts” to complete.

Review the considerations based on your student status; if you have a specific question please email titleix@uchicago.edu for further clarification.

I am a first year student and still need to complete AlcoholEDU and/or Mental Well-Being for Students. Who can I contact if I have questions?

Contact Emily Schulze (eschulze@uchicago.edu) from UChicago Student Wellness with any questions or concerns. Please note, the Office for Sexual Misconduct Prevention & Support does not manage AlcoholEDU OR Mental Well-Being.

I'm a TA/GA/Resident Assistant etc. or have otherwise taken Title IX related training before, can I opt out of this?

No. Previous training on these subjects does not exempt students from this requirement as it is mandated by Illinois state law to be an annual requirement.

I’m new to UChicago, but have taken Title IX related trainings at other institutions. Can I opt out?

No. Previous trainings on these subjects does not exempt students from this requirement as it is mandated by Illinois state law to be an annual requirement.

I received an email stating I hadn't completed a specific part and believe it to be a mistake, what do I do?

First, check to see you have entered your correct UCID when registering for the course. A common error is potentially entering a personal email address or the wrong UCID. Second, verify that you have completed all portions of your training. If your UCID is correct, or you need assistance correcting it, email titleix@uchicago.edu to request assistance and for verification of completion.

What should I do if I am a current student and enrollment for next quarter has opened, but I have a hold on my account?

Ensure you have completed all components of your training based on your student status. Once holds are placed following the training deadline, they will be removed daily pending completion of your specific course. If you have completed all components outside of the last 24 hours, but still have a hold on your account, contact titleix@uchicago.edu.