How to submit your text
Hello, thank you for your interest in writing for Væranda.
The deadline for the submission of texts for the first issue is June 11th, 2021.
We work with a wide range of texts as long as they deal with issues and themes related to the Romance Language worlds. We will be very happy to receive a text from you. Here are some things to consider before you write and submit a text:
- You can write either in the target language or English. Just please try to avoid using more than one language on the same text. Not every reader may be able to understand them;
- Your text will be reviewed and edited. We try our best to change it as little as we can, however, at times we need to make some changes mostly to make your text clear to a wider audience;
- Any topic is relevant and welcome to be published in the magazine. We ask, however, that you try your best to use language in a respectful way;
- Try not to be too specific and we generally recommend that writers avoid jargon words since not every reader is in your area of study;
- We suggest your text to be from 250 to 500 words long (1500-3000 characters). We cannot guarantee that we will be able to publish texts that are longer than that;
- If you want to submit a picture you can. However, we ask that you also submit release forms properly signed and dated. Under no circumstances we will publish a picture without the necessary release forms. If you want to ask for a waiver, please send an email email@example.com to ask for a waiver;
- Understand that the submission of a text or photo does not automatically guarantee that it will be published or that it will be published as you submitted it. We may edit your text before publication.
If you want to take a look at some examples of texts that were published before, click on this link that will take you to our sister magazine.
Below you will find some of the main categories of the magazine, in case they spark your creativity:
- Science and Technology;
- Films, series, TV shows;
- Experience in a Romance-Language-speaking country;
- Nature and the environment;
If you are a teacher and would like to have a project featured in the magazine, please write to us and we can come up with a way to showcase your and your students’ hard work. Check these special issues to see examples of previous projects.
To submit your material or if you have any questions, write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms of Submission
Note: if you are under 18, please make sure that your parent or guardian has read and agreed to these terms before you submit text, photos, or other content or information to Revista Væranda.
- By submitting any text, photo, or other content or information to Væranda, you hereby represent and warrant that the submitted text, photo, or other content or information does not infringe on any copyright or trademark, any rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party. You hereby represent and warrant that you have the right to transfer the photo, text, or other content or information to Væranda free and clear of any claims or encumbrances.
- All text, photos, and other content or information submitted by you to Væranda shall become the property of Væranda, and Væranda shall have no obligation to preserve, return, or otherwise make available to you or other people any photos or information so submitted.
- You understand that because Væranda becomes the owner of all text, photos, and other content or information submitted by you, Væranda and its officers, directors, employees, successors, and assigns may use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, modify, publish, prepare derivative works of, and otherwise make use of the submitted photos, text, and other content or information in any and all media—whether now known or hereinafter created—throughout the world and for any purpose, without compensation to you of any kind.
- You acknowledge and agree that Væranda shall have no obligation to post, display, or otherwise make publicly available any text, photo, or content or other information submitted by you.
- You further understand and intend that any text, photo, and other content or information submitted by you to Væranda may be available for viewing, rating, reviewing, and commenting by the public. You understand that comments or ratings that you disagree with or are unhappy about may be published or otherwise become associated with any photo, text, or other content or information that you submit to Væranda. By submitting any text, photo, or other content or information to Væranda, you hereby waive any privacy expectations that you may have with respect to any such text, photo, or other content or information submitted by you to Væranda.
- You hereby agree to hold Væranda and its officers, directors, employees, successors, and assigns harmless from and against—and hereby waive any right to pursue—any claims of any nature arising in connection with Væranda’s use of the photos, text, or other content or information submitted by you to Væranda and used in any manner in Væranda’s sole and absolute discretion.
- You also understand that the submission of a text, photo, or other content or information implies that the material will be reviewed by members of Væranda and you also understand that we do not guarantee that your text will be published or that it will be published without any modifications.
For questions, write to email@example.com